velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

It can be new or old, and please dont say Vans
    • CommentAuthorgiosSR215
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009

5 dollar walmart shoes.
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009 edited

if you're using sneakers, it doesn't really matter. the soles are not gonna be stiff enough anyways.

Posted By: iron jaiden

i was wondering about these to, how durable are they, they seem kinda flimsy
    • CommentAuthortimmy240

Posted By: GOBSTOPTODROP

I don't know, but you can get 'em at your local Urban Outfitters!

They caught my eye and I would buy them had I not just got a pair of ADIDAS Sambas...
    • CommentAuthortyler215

baby seals
    Definitely NOT Vans, know that from experience.
    +1 on the Asics. I just got a pair of the Ultimate 81's a few weeks ago and they're super comfortable for riding.
    They have more cushion on top of the foot than the blue and yellow ones above me.
    Get some of them.
    • CommentAuthorunivag666

i dont care d00d. i am saying it. vans. used to skate these and i love them
    • CommentAuthorMaxThrash

I ride asics too. I didn't buy the for cycling, but they happen to work really well. No complaints!
    Posted By: GOBSTOPTODROP

Surprisingly they're actually pretty tough. I'm vegan so the blue / yellow pair is the only option I've got but I dig em.
    Wish I woulda known they were available at Urban Outfitters. Paid like ten bucks to get em shipped when I coulda just gone to the UO at the mall and scooped em up.
    • CommentAuthorCollin Oie

Posted By: Collin Oie

YES! Those look like ducks feet.
    • CommentAuthorHMax

any ol' puma's will do
    crox, however, are just plain lolzable
    • CommentAuthorkaaos

Not sure about "best" but I am happy with these (Onitsuka Tiger Keirin 400):
    Onitsuka

too many sexy
    • CommentAuthorwes m.
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2009

I ride in vans slip ons on my fixed gear because thats what I like to walk in. They are probably some of the worst shoes for cycling. I offset the bad shoe choice by using mks gr-9 pedals. I will never buy special shoes for riding in clips (unless we are talking track racing), if I felt the need for special shoes I'd go clipless like I do on most of my bikes.
    Does anyone know of any good leather riding shoes other than the Dromarti ones, which look sick
    heelies if you can find some that arent super retarded looking. they are super stiff for a reg. shoe and when you get off your bike you can put the wheels in and look awsomely stupid
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009 edited

my vans are fine, but
    converse are HORRIBLE

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.