velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

Has anybody ever found a good deal on ebay and won it? How good are deals on ebay? I'm talking bike parts or just a whole bike too.
    • CommentAuthorsfbee
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009

No. There are none. Just continue shopping at urban outfitters.
    Ehh, not really.

Now craigslist, there's some good deals.
    I have found some, my uno njs, my specialized s works mtb, some other parts I cant remember now. There are good deals, just have to wait for the right time.
    • CommentAuthorLyKqiD
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009

sure... rare finds are known to show up used, buying new on ebay is a sham.
    • CommentAuthorunivag666
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009

Posted By: sfbeeNo. There are none. Just continue shopping at urban outfitters.

why are you hating on every single topic. get a fucking life.

fag.
    Posted By: univag666

fag.

Speaking of hate you can take that homophobic bullshit to another forum, newbie.

And on topic yeah dude I've found lots of deals on the bay. You just gotta be patient. Come up with a fair number in your head and don't get caught up in bidding "just 5 more bucks" until you win. By the time your ass does win you'll be paying retail.
    Just the other week I saw a phil wood hubset in new condition get away from a dude for $80.
    Just gotta be patient.
    Craigs usually has the better deals but super stank selection depending on where you live. A good idea is to troll craigs ads in all the major cities (SF, NY, Chicago, DC, LA) and see about shipping. Most people don't mind doin it if you toss em an extra ten bucks for the trouble.
    • CommentAuthorgreg
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009

Posted By: iron jaiden

fag.

Speaking of hate you can take that homophobic bullshit to another forum, newbie.

QFT

univag666 is banned.
    Posted By: greg
    Posted By: iron jaiden

fag.

QFT

univag666 is banned.

See why we love you Greg? :)
    • CommentAuthorsfbee
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2009

Great deals on eBay are few and far between, since it caters to a much larger user base and geographic region. Most folks on craigslist are looking to make quick local sales, so you can usually get a bargain there. If your persuasive enough, you can usually get folks to ship, but a lot of people don't want to deal with the hassle

I have a script that runs periodic national craigslist searches for a list of keywords I've defined. It works pretty well for me :)
    i have never found a good deal on ebay. i feel i never will since i'm competing with the world when i bid.
    • CommentAuthorLoneWolf15
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2009

Ebay is all about knowing the product you want to buy backwards and forwards, and knowing what that product is worth.

If you don't know enought about what you're buying, you'll get rooked. If you aren't good at figuring out an item's value (and thereby not bidding past it) you'll get rooked. If you don't research the seller, you could get rooked.

On the other hand, if you take the time to do your homework, you can find some great deals. You need to research. I saved hundreds on my SRAM Red gruppo because I bought on Ebay. Same for my (new-in-box) Easton EA90-SL wheels.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: sfbeeGreat deals on eBay are few and far between, since it caters to a much larger user base and geographic region. Most folks on craigslist are looking to make quick local sales, so you can usually get a bargain there. If your persuasive enough, you can usually get folks to ship, but a lot of people don't want to deal with the hassle

I have a script that runs periodic national craigslist searches for a list of keywords I've defined. It works pretty well for me :)

care to share?
    • CommentAuthorsfbee

Sure. Right now it's a total jack job that runs periodically from cron on one of my servers. I'll hack together a web interface for it and make it multi-user friendly, then hook you up
    • CommentAuthorthomsondee
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2009 edited

toshi's for $21 and they were new.
    sorry sfbee and thanks greg you did the right thing.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: sfbeeSure. Right now it's a total jack job that runs periodically fromcronon one of my servers. I'll hack together a web interface for it and make it multi-user friendly, then hook you up

Thanks man.
    • CommentAuthorsfbee

I just found the deal of the century on craigslist!
    my computer wont pull it up,so what and where was it on craigslist

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.