velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthordeermatt
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009

Im on the market for a set of drop bars, and these 2 seem to be the cream of the crop. I was looking for user opinions on each , or if you would suggest something different. Thanks
    • CommentAuthordeermatt

deda = 290 grams
    easton = 320 grams
    • CommentAuthorgiosSR215

check these out. they are pricey but i personally would choose these over all of them.

• CommentAuthordeermatt

whats your reason for choosing them over the deda and eastons ?
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

road drops.
    I like my Pista bars, but I hate them on the street. The matte black finish also gets chipped if you only half wrap and you're running them on the street.
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

i have another suggestion.

neither. can't run it with the jagggggggggggggg
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

Oh rabbi, I admire your persistent effort to make people do the most practical thing but its becoming clear to me that practical is uncool in fixed gear bikes.
    • CommentAuthordeermatt

Posted By: the rabbii have another suggestion.

neither. can't run it with the jagggggggggggggg

I know, this will be for my other bike , with a threadless hs. Itll be mostly for the street since the closest track is 3.5 hours away , but Id eventually like to hit the track. Road drops look too big
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

Posted By: wes m.practical is uncool in fixed gear bikes.
    aw fuck, since when?
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

Posted By: deermattRoad drops look too big
    i have no idea what you mean by this? road drops have less drop and reach than track drops. if you're worried about width, they make road drops small, too.
    Posted By: the rabbi
    i have no idea what you mean by this? road drops have less drop and reach than track drops. if you're worried about width, they make road drops small, too.

Rabbi what you're doing is admirable but you know damn well when a kid decides track drops / aerosp0ks / kashimax 5gps / 650c wheels are the hottness there's nothing you can say or do to change that fool's mind. The power of suggestion provided by hours of youtube mash videos can not be undone with a few intelligent words about comfort and fit.
    I love your style but I'm afraid you're too late. It really is all about looks anymore.

Cache' Rules Everything Around Meeeee!!!

And deermatt the Dedas and Eastons are pretty much the same. I'd just pick whatever you can get a better deal on.
    • CommentAuthorjam guy

Posted By: wes m.practical is uncool in fixed gear bikes.
    aw fuck, since when?

BRAKE LEVER UNDER THE SEAT!!!! FUCKKK!!!!
    • CommentAuthordeermatt

Posted By: iron jaiden

Rabbi what you're doing is admirable but you know damn well when a kid decides track drops / aerosp0ks / kashimax 5gps / 650c wheels are the hottness there's nothing you can say or do to change that fool's mind. The power of suggestion provided by hours of youtube mash videos can not be undone with a few intelligent words about comfort and fit.
    I love your style but I'm afraid you're too late. It really is all about looks anymore.

Cache' Rules Everything Around Meeeee!!!

And deermatt the Dedas and Eastons are pretty much the same. I'd just pick whatever you can get a better deal on.

Thanks for the info, but Im totally not in that stereotype, I just wanted a nice set of drops . Most of the road drops I have seen were either shaped weird, or too wide.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2009

both of those bars suck on the road. they are track bars for a reason. i own the steal dedas and they blow on the streets.
    i've only ridden the easton ec 90 briefly (friends ride, on the track) but i doubt they are going to treat your wrists very well on the street either.
    I have the deda pista drops and I don't find them that bad on the street. Of course, my risers are more comfortable on the street. But if your really wanting drops, i would go with the deda drops mostly because your going to be on the street and they are a cheaper way to go. Mine never hurt my wrists and I have found three comfortable positions on my drops.
    • CommentAuthorESR
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2009

hey guys your hipster jokes are so funny hahalolhehe
    I'm amazed that no one has mentioned that the easton ec90 tracks bars are $330.
    If you are determined to have track drops on the street, go with the dedas.
    • CommentAuthordeermatt
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2009

Posted By: proudxvxyouthI'm amazed that no one has mentioned that the easton ec90 tracks bars are $330.
    If you are determined to have track drops on the street, go with the dedas.

Im not stuck on "track drops" I just havent seen very many road drops that I liked. Shoot out recommendations
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2009

deda newton
    nitto b117
    deda zero
    deda 215
    fsa winc
    easton ea30-70

the internets is a vast cess pool of information to be had.

just go on a mailorder sight and look at pictures. or better yet to your lbs and hold them in your hands.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.