velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthor1speed
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2009 edited

hey everyone,wondering if anybody was any info on theses wheels? Looking to get rid of my h+son's and was looking at theses.If anybody has these,let me know what you think,or know of anybody with these rims.Thanks alot
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2009

why would you switch from one to the other?
    they're essentially the same thing.
    • CommentAuthor1speed

gonna put the h+sons on my other bike,so looking for a new set for the masi,those were one of the one's i was looking at.
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

why not get a set of light/strong wheels?
    mavic ellipse.
    • CommentAuthormrymeski

dodici's are like H+sons but heavier and shittier. Don't buy into mavic proprietary prebuilt wheels, they dont hold up as well as regularly spoked wheels. get some low profile wheels that will last like open pros.
    The Dodicis are pretty cheapo in terms of quality. You lookin for a "V" rim? I'd just stick with velocity's to be honest. Deep V if you wanna save a buck, B43 if you really need em that deep.
    Campy Shamal is nice as all get out too.
    If you don't need a V profile rim then you just can't go wrong with Open Pros. Don't cost much, don't weigh much, and last forever.
    In terms of hubs just make sure you get something sealed and quality. Formulas work great as do Surlys and Miches.
    Dodici's weight almost 900g PER RIM! Super heavy and super slow. The H+Sons are heavy enough, no need to go even more!

Personally, I just sold off my Deep-V's, in an effort to build some wheels with lighter rims.
    • CommentAuthor1speed
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2009

thanks guys for your advice,love the ellipse,but do they hold up? Heard some things about them,open pro's are nice,looking at some of velocity;s other rims,want something low profile,light,strong,you know,someone told me the cane creek's were nice?Open pro's only come in machined rim,i think,i do not run a brake,so i don't want a machined rim,thanks for your help,just wanted to know what other people are running,and check other rims out,besides the normal stuff,ya know,thanks again pat....
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2009 edited

Posted By: 1speedthanks guys for your advice,love the ellipse,but do they hold up? Heard some things about them,open pro's are nice,looking at some of velocity;s other rims,want something low profile,light,strong,you know,someone told me the cane creek's were nice?Open pro's only come in machined rim,i think,i do not run a brake,so i don't want a machined rim,thanks for your help,just wanted to know what other people are running,and check other rims out,besides the normal stuff,ya know,thanks again pat....
    get silver rims, black spokes, and silver hubs. i promise, it will look hot.

if i had the money, i'd build a set of dura ace low flange hubs (28h front, 32h rear) with dt competition spokes to silver open pros.

lights, strong, and look great.

and yes, the silver is still machined sidewall, but if the whole rim is silver, then you wont really notice unless your looking right at the rim.
    • CommentAuthor1speed

that sound good,was planning on dura ace hubs anyway,why do you like low flange? just wondering..
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

Posted By: 1speedthat sound good,was planning on dura ace hubs anyway,why do you like low flange? just wondering..
    lighter? usually cheaper because they don't say njs on them, but use all the same bearings and hardware.
    • CommentAuthor1speed

what about mav's cxp 33, those are nice
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

Posted By: 1speedwhat about mav's cxp 33, those are nice
    still machined and pretty much a deep-v profile. personally, i would go open pro.
    • CommentAuthor1speed

thanks bro,think i found my wheel set!!!!
    good choice
    • CommentAuthor1speed

my lbs as everything in stock!!! guess were i'm going,thanks again...pat
    • CommentAuthor1speed

after the end of the tour of course!!!!
    I just replaced my Profile/Deep V's with the Cane Creek track.

http://www.bikesonline.com/index.php?page_URL=Cane-Creek-Track-V-700c-Clincher-Flip-Flop-Silver

I liked the new hub design, with the nipples at the hub to save rotation weight, and using straight pull spokes to get a stiffer, stronger wheel.

Maybe I will post something about how they ride in a day or two after taking a some long rides with them.
    • CommentAuthorsfbee

I'd love to see those on a bike. You should update your bike photos with all of the upgrades you've done

\

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.

velospace | About | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | contact | blog | status | site map | ©ActionHub.com
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.