velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

i just got a 1999 Lynskey made litespeed ultimate off craigslist.it was made by Lynskeys president w.david.Lynskey, is this rare? it is in almost mint condition and has a ouzo pro fork and chris king headset. should i build it up with somthing like sram red or just hang it up on a wall?
    • CommentAuthorsfbee
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2009

Why the hell would you hang it on a wall... ride the damn thing
    i bought it with full intenntions of loging some crazy miles but i get it home and do a little more reaserch and i find that the history of the bike might be kinda uncommon so i thought i would ask you guys and see what you say. i will probbably take it to my lbs that sells them and see what they say
    • CommentAuthorbacklyt
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2010

I have a 1996 Ultimate, signed by lynskey and I use it for messenger work.
    Remember, it's fucking titanium.
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2010

^dude, check the post dates.
    • CommentAuthorcat0020
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2010

I think all of the older Litespeed frames wear a sticker/decal of "David W. Lynskey" signature, not an actual signature by his hand. I had one suck sticker on my 2001 Litespeed Ultimate, I took it off with a hairdryer.
    Yeah, titanium frame are meant to be ridden, no mater the weather, put it away wet and it will still ride the same way as the first day you bought it. I wore through 3 component groups, 5 sets of wheels on my Ultimate, still it my designated road bike.
    thanks for the nice story cat, i think i will ride it like i was planning on to begin with. soon after i made this disscusion WAY LONG AGO i realized they all had that sticker while they were still owned by Davis L. all i need for it to be ridable is my front and rear derailers but those are in the mail as we speek so i will post some pics when i get it back from the bike shop. it is all going to be 10 speed ultegra with dura ace bar ends and chain. and i will have 2 sets of wheels, one pair of cpx33 on ultegra hubs, a $25 find at a bike swap and there almost brand new with wheelsmith double butted spokes. and mavic ssc tubies for the heck of it.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.