velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

so you stalk jamguy? why would you want to about his fetish with shoes and trikes and what girls cheat on him
    • CommentAuthorjam guy
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2009

I NEED MY PRIVACY!!!!
    Posted By: jam guy
    Posted By: G starthe bikes that I have owned are no longer with me-----a short list:
    197's olmo
    80's black white speckled univege tange 1
    1979 colnago super
    1988 cinelli time trial ( now hanging at Massimos)
    1988 pink pinarello slx
    1998 pinarello vuelta
    many nishiki conversions and 1 kestrel (first year production)
    a few cannondales ( not my choice)
    a few peougets and a lifetime of scrounged garage builds---
    I now ride a 83 Guerci track-- hands down the best ride..........
    that picture is not appropriate---- urp. should be on the leader web page

A few of the girls I fucked:

Marilyn Monroe
    The Golden Girls (all of them)
    Zoey Deschanel
    Meg Ryan
    The Spice Girls (all of them)
    Claire Danes
    Jenna Jameson
    Eva Longoria
    Evangeline Lilly
    Jennifer Garner
    Lindsay Lohan
    Jessica Alba
    Rachel Bilson
    Angelina Jolie
    Brittany Murphy
    Jessica Simpson
    Sara Foster

Obviously a short list......

Posted By: jam guy
    Posted By: G starthe bikes that I have owned are no longer with me-----a short list:
    197's olmo
    80's black white speckled univege tange 1
    1979 colnago super
    1988 cinelli time trial ( now hanging at Massimos)
    1988 pink pinarello slx
    1998 pinarello vuelta
    many nishiki conversions and 1 kestrel (first year production)
    a few cannondales ( not my choice)
    a few peougets and a lifetime of scrounged garage builds---
    I now ride a 83 Guerci track-- hands down the best ride..........
    that picture is not appropriate---- urp. should be on the leader web page

A few of the girls I fucked:

Marilyn Monroe
    The Golden Girls (all of them)
    Zoey Deschanel
    Meg Ryan
    The Spice Girls (all of them)
    Claire Danes
    Jenna Jameson
    Eva Longoria
    Evangeline Lilly
    Jennifer Garner
    Lindsay Lohan
    Jessica Alba
    Rachel Bilson
    Angelina Jolie
    Brittany Murphy
    Jessica Simpson
    Sara Foster

Obviously a short list......

you gotta step your bone game up.
    my leader is fine. I enjoy riding it. and yes it is a '08 720TR "messenger" frame for the person who asked above. all of you haters can suck it.
    I hope this thread's sinking because it got nasty and not because Leader gave greg a new frame to get rid of bad mention.
    If the later is the case then just remember what Akbar said Greg, "It's a TRAP!!! them frames are shit!"

I'm pretty sure that's the whole quote.
    This thread is sinking because the people in it are acting like 12-year-olds at a cockpunching party.
    • CommentAuthorFrey
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2009

glad i started this thread haha... forgot i had.
    Well, permit me to stir the pot again on this subject. And get a rise out of the haters.

I have owned three of these frames over the years - a 720TR, a 735TT, and a 737R.

The 720TR has been used as a rain bike/winter commuter. It has been literally beat to shit - over 15,000 miles on it. And no problems. But then again, as a bike shop wrench, I take care of it. Regular cleaning, and regreasing, does wonders for any fastening system.

The 735TT I sold after a year - but I used it in an Ironman triathlon, and won my age group on it. I passed dozens of high priced Cervelo P3's, TREK TTX's, and Kestrel KM40's on the way to the finish.

Afterwards about a dozen guys asked me where they could get one - amazing what a little success does for any product.

I currently use a 737R for racing. Fantastic ride - built with Dura Ace, Bontrager fork, Carbone race wheels. It's not a track bike - although it can be built for fixie street use. However - that's not what it was designed for - the 737R is meant to be a road bike. Not a fixie to be used to do trackstands in front of Starbucks.

These frames are fine. And a bargain for the 99% of us that have a racing license and aren't factory sponsored. You take what you can beg from the manufacturer's rep, borrow from your store's owner, and steal from the schwag bag. Then, build it up, and race on it. And win, IF you train right, and train hard.

And no, I don't work for LEADER, and no, they didn't "put me up to this" for anything. I have to work with my hands for a living. Spinning a wrench for all of the white collar "parking lot racers", fixing their bikes for them, and listening to their pompous BS.

The irony
    • CommentAuthorInglewood
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009

Are leaders really that bad? They don't seem too bad for the price. I'm thinking of trading my bianchi pista for one because I want an affordable aluminum bike that looks good. Do you think I should go through with it or keep the bianchi?
    • CommentAuthorfreshgear
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2009 edited

Im not trying to stir any trouble up in here... but i searched for leader bikes on this site.

as far as styling, i love it. i dont ride on the track or anything, but i like the looks of the leaders. they look fast :P

as far as geometry, im by no means any sort of expert in this huge bicycle world. i dont think i could put any sort of remark on that. i leave that up to you guys.

also, im reading a lot of things about the drop out. how it doesnt utilize all the drop out space. correct me if im wrong. the axle is suppose to be close or touching the "beginning" of the drop out with the wheel spacing about 1mm from the seat tube, right?

if thats the case, then i think the leaders do a pretty good job at that. again thats judging from the leader bikes im seeing on Velospace.

anyway, opinions are opinions. if someone loves the bike, great. if it makes them faster on the track, even better. if you dont like them, cool. just dont be a hater. haha

personally, i like em! my friend has an 08 721tr. i can attest to the creaking. LOUD AS HELL! but we lubed everything up and it got better. i used to ride that bike till i got my Kilo tt (i know, not the best bike out there) but it was fun. i liked it. not to mention it gets great looks from the ladies ;) and thats all that matters to me! haha.

Ride on fellas. if you're ever riding in San Francisco, pm me. i'll be more than happy to ride around with some other people than my crew. haha.
    • CommentAuthoragalella
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2009 edited

d
    I have a leader... I ride hard... I like it... Maybe everybody out there should get out on the streets instead of sitting on their computers. Buy what you want, what makes you happy, and just ride. With all of the bitching on this thread, and dedication to shit talking I cant see how many of you have time to do anything else other than hate on a small upstart. Feel free to say what ever lame ass comment you want to me, I'll be busy riding my bike...
    One more thing, its the rider not the ride.
    • CommentAuthorsoulbyte
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2009 edited

Guess what? I bought Jereremys 2007 735 TR. It makes no noise whatsoever. No creaking. This bike rides fast, sturdy and quiet. I'm curious why it rode and sounded like a POS when he owned it, and not with me. Granted I put all new parts, adjusted and lubed and tuned everything accordingly. All the parts were bought with budget in mind, but still rides just as well as some of the more expensive NJS builds I ride with, making less noise. I'm not saying that Jereremy doesn't know what he's doing, but we both owned the same exact frame and came out with two completely different outcomes.

Leader is located in San Diego. A friend of mine went down there to talk to some of the guys about the problem. I can't remember their reasons for what happened, but, the problem seemed to be effecting only a batch of 2009 725's. I know mine doesn't have that geometry problem that everyone seems to be basing their opinions on.

I love my leader. I ride with about 8 other people who love theirs as well, and other riders who also own vivalos, bridgstones, kiyo's, giro's, level's ect. ect. who appreciated these bike as well. When it comes down to it, it's all a matter of opinion and preference, ultimately resulting on your decision on what frameset to buy. Seriously, ride your damn bike, who cares what it is, just enjoy the fact you're on the road, with something.... anything.... Stop the hate. Peace.

Oh and by the way, I've been to some of the SDfixed meets, I'm not impressed. Alot of the bikes there are crap with the exception of a few. But it's not like they're being ridden anyways, the bikes just sit there while the owners drink and bs.
    • CommentAuthoribikesj
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2009

I <3 leaders Honestly I <3 Bikes ahaha thats the way i see it
    I have one and I love it. And I couldn't care less about track geometry and rear wheel clearance. I don't live anywhere near a velodrome, so it makes no difference to me. Even when I did live near one and rode with drops, I still didn't care. No sense in getting butt-hurt if people talk shit about Leader. Don't like it? DON'T RIDE IT!
    i love how elitists scatter once people start making sense.

i have the '10 725 and im a bigger rider and that thing loves me back. ive never had a problem. these idiots come here speaking of all the njs steel bikes they have, talking like theyre on a viva la vinyl forum. elitist idiots, spend more time on forums that understanding that riding does more for skill building than judgement.

leader bike hate never holds up, in everything ive seen with them nothing ever has. its fucking fantastic.
    • CommentAuthorpateyectall
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2010 edited

I rode a 721tr back in 2007, i agree the rear triangle was so retarded. I could not run anything bigger then a 23c tire. You were limited to certain gear ratios and tire sizes. It was impossible to slide your axle all the way into the dropout. Mine was a 58cm, i did not like the geometry, but overall the bike lasted 2 years with zero cracks/creaks and i did wheelies, trackstands, keos. In 2009 i ordered a 725tr v2. It was alot better then the 721tr. you can slide the wheel all the way into the drop out BUT there was toooo much room from the cut on the seatstay (like pista concepts). Now 2010 i ordered a 2010 MashxCinelli and plan to use it specifically for the track =D
    • CommentAuthormisfit308
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2010

I just recently purchased a 2010 725tr and have yet to have serious issues although I can vouch for a few things on the geometry. Mine is a 58 and it seems that either the chainstays need to be shorter or the drop outs deeper becuase even with my axle slammed all the way forward there is significant clearence between the seat tube with it's aero track cut out design and my tire. It doesn't bother me significantly but if your designing a track bike for the track you would want something that is tight and clean. The other thing is the head tube it's size and angle make the bike weird a track bike should not freely bar spin a 700c wheel. like the new trickster hipster fixie bikes coming out. I feel they designed a more bmx fashionable aero tubed hipster bike than a true track bike. I have a slight creaking that happens whenever I skid into a track stand and then take off but after riding a bit it goes away. All in all I enjoy the bike and get compliments all the time but it's not the track pursuit geomety I was expecting when I purchased the bike on line.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.