velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorjam guy
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2009

Posted By: VelodromeRatFrames do not creak. Text book 101 bike building. It is the parts used on the frames that do.

Multitudes? Man who is complaining here. You half ass dudes who do not even ride the bike or own one.

The difference is the people who own Leader are probably to busy riding to call you guys out.

As always Rock Leader dudes!

I am pretty sure everyone on here "calling someone out" has a nice quality bike or has ridden a shitty bike and then got a better one. I had a Bianchi pista and I loved it but then I moved on to something better. I do not even ride fixed anymore but if I was going to I would not ride that bike. I spend all of my time on my surly crosscheck which is another bike that could us a lot of improvement but is still a lot better off than any leader. I just went for a nice long ride and now I am going to spend the rest of the day working on my motorcycle!
    Again your opinion, and that’s alright. I like my pista. Very solid. But it is always good to try something different. Even a Leader.

Well time for me to go back to work myself.
    • CommentAuthorsfbee

Posted By: VelodromeRatThe difference is the people who own Leader are probably to busy riding to call you guys out.

As always Rock Leader dudes!

You must be getting screwed by one of them, since you're diligently defending a bike that you claim you've never owned. Not that we'd know what you've owned, since you've clearly been too busy stirring up drama to post any of your magnificent bikes. It really seems to me that you just signed up to piss and moan in this thread.

I've never owned a leader, and don't ever plan on it. I also trust the opinions of many of the regulars here, who have already clearly stated their case (not to mention having exhibited their knowledge in countless other threads), versus your incessant rants based on what you claim to have seen others ride at the track. Get over yourself, shut the hell up, and take your half-assed opinions and stuff them up your (leader employee lubricated) ass.
    hell, I'll speak on the positives. It's fast and cheap. Conversely, they feel cheap. Not a bike I'd keep around for long term use or even semi long term commuting, just something to hold oneself over until they can upgrade to something a little nicer.
    • CommentAuthorjam guy

Posted By: VelodromeRatAgain your opinion, and that’s alright. I like my pista. Very solid. But it is always good to try something different. Even a Leader.

Well time for me to go back to work myself.

I think you work for Leader. I think when you are upgrading you should upgrade to something better. Just because it is aluminum and it looks cool does not make it better. When the fixed gears aren't selling anymore they will go back to make time trial bikes for the weekend warrior who can't afford the 10,000 trek.
    I said what needed to be said. ROCK ON LEADER DUDES!
    • CommentAuthorsfbee

Posted By: VelodromeRatI said what needed to be said. ROCK ON MY PROSTATE LEADER DUDES!
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2009 edited

Posted By: VelodromeRatFrames do not creak. Text book 101 bike building. It is the parts used on the frames that do.
    well, when you have a cheap bb and ht that aren't held to the strictest of tolerances, some tend to not be round. and when they aren't perfectly round...the parts tend to creak in the frame, no matter how much grease you slather in there.
    • CommentAuthorjam guy

Posted By: VelodromeRatI said what needed to be said. ROCK ON! LET ME SEE YOUR WIENER, DUDES!
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark

There was another Leader track bike there, set up for the track even, but I didn't grab pictures. It had some RAD bolt-on dropouts. Really nice, I'll give them props for stepping up their design, but those frames with the wheel/seat tube conflict should not have been released. The problem should have been caught on the drawing board or very early in production. They could have put the dent in the seat tube, or cut it out and welded in a flat piece. I don't thiink the added production cost would have outweighed the "dent" in their reputation.
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark

Posted By: the rabbi
    well, when you have a cheap bb and ht that aren't held to the strictest of tolerances, some tend to not be round. and when they aren't perfectly round...the parts tend to creak in the frame, no matter how much grease you slather in there.

This has more to do with distortion while welding than bad machining. It's why some of the handmade builders are threading the bb AFTER the bike is welded.
    • CommentAuthorG star

steel.......s....... real.................. campagnolo...... sheeesh. gotta give the leader to the guy who collects cans outa my trash.
    • CommentAuthorjam guy

Posted By: G starsteel.......s....... real.................. campagnolo...... sheeesh. gotta give the leader to the guy who collects cans outa my trash.

Give it a rest. We get it, your the biggest "steel is real" bike snob ever. Post your bikes so we can see what the hell your riding. I know I am curious.
    Posted By: jam guy
    Posted By: G starsteel.......s....... real.................. campagnolo...... sheeesh. gotta give the leader to the guy who collects cans outa my trash.

Give it a rest. We get it, your the biggest "steel is real" bike snob ever. Post your bikes so we can see what the hell your riding. I know I am curious.

I second that emotion. Steel is nice, as is aluminum, titanium, carbon, whatever... each has their ups and downs. If there was a "perfect for everyone" material that's all we'd use.
    • CommentAuthormrymeski
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2009

It's always a shitty idea to buy a leader. this whole thread is
    • CommentAuthorG star
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2009 edited

the bikes that I have owned are no longer with me-----a short list:
    197's olmo
    80's black white speckled univege tange 1
    1979 colnago super
    1988 cinelli time trial ( now hanging at Massimos)
    1988 pink pinarello slx
    1998 pinarello vuelta
    many nishiki conversions and 1 kestrel (first year production)
    a few cannondales ( not my choice)
    a few peougets and a lifetime of scrounged garage builds---
    I now ride a 83 Guerci track-- hands down the best ride..........
    that picture is not appropriate---- urp. should be on the leader web page
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: G starthe bikes that I have owned are no longer with me-----a short list:
    197's olmo
    1979 colnago super
    1988 pink pinarello slx
    1998 pinarello vuelta

who asked?
    • CommentAuthorjam guy

Posted By: G starthe bikes that I have owned are no longer with me-----a short list:
    197's olmo
    1979 colnago super
    1988 pink pinarello slx
    1998 pinarello vuelta

A few of the girls I fucked:

Marilyn Monroe
    The Golden Girls (all of them)
    Zoey Deschanel
    Meg Ryan
    The Spice Girls (all of them)
    Claire Danes
    Jenna Jameson
    Eva Longoria
    Evangeline Lilly
    Jennifer Garner
    Lindsay Lohan
    Jessica Alba
    Rachel Bilson
    Angelina Jolie
    Brittany Murphy
    Jessica Simpson
    Sara Foster

Obviously a short list......
    • CommentAuthorjam guy

197's olmo
    1979 colnago super
    1988 pink pinarello slx
    1998 pinarello vuelta

Also....

............................................________
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,
    .........................,/...............................................”:,
    .....................,?......................................................,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:”........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
    ...,,,___.`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
    ............/.`~,......`-...................................../
    .............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,__......`,.................................
    ...................`=~-,,.,...............................
    ................................`:,,...........................`..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_..........._,-%.......`
    • CommentAuthorG star
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2009 edited

wow, this could get nasty.
    eva cheated on you though--- she told me about your shoe fetish and your love of circus trikes.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.