velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorSkidMark
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2009 edited

I went out riding today too. I went to Sunday Funday. Oh, and look what I saw there

Is that a Leader set up all tarck?

Wow look how far back the wheel is in the dropout, about an inch!

And look, the tire is within a quarter inch of the seat tube! I bet if I tried to slam the wheel all the way forward it would hit the seat tube.

Sorry, but there is no excuse for this on any bike production or custom.

And yes you are right, not all Leaders are like that, observe "La Douche"

Axle almost all the way forward and plenty of room for the tire in the seat tube cutout

• CommentAuthorSkidMark
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2009

And (Bob) Haro didn't start making frames until 1983.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2009

My mind is totally blown right now.
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2009 edited

Dude had to use a Shadow Conspiracy half-link chain to get it to work, too.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2009

oh, oh no you di'dn't skidmark. aw snap bois.
    • CommentAuthorjam guy

haha I guess if I played videogames I could say p'wned?
    • CommentAuthorjerereremy
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2009 edited

I've had an '07 735tr since feb, and while the rear hub/axle can fit all the way (leaving good rear tire clearance with either 23c or 25c).

that said, i'm still not a fan of this bike. it creaks and feels like it could "give" at any moment, and that's just from riding along the levee here. By the end of the week, I'll have built a replacement and put that sum'bitch up for sale.
    Posted By: SkidMarkI went out riding today too. I went to Sunday Funday. Oh, and look what I saw there

Is that a Leader set up all tarck?

Wow look how far back the wheel is in the dropout, about an inch!

Jesus Christ. Look at that white bike. That is REALLY sad, the rear wheel issue. I would be pissed. He could made take out one half link or add one more tooth to his drive

And look, the tire is within a quarter inch of the seat tube! I bet if I tried to slam the wheel all the way forward it would hit the seat tube.

Sorry, but there is no excuse for this on any bike production or custom.

And yes you are right, not all Leaders are like that, observe "La Douche"

Axle almost all the way forward and plenty of room for the tire in the seat tube cutout

• CommentAuthorG star

leaders are for young spray painters and true track bike savers
    • CommentAuthorjam guy

I feel like so many people have joined this forum to justify their shitty decisions in buying a leader.
    I wouldn't say it was a shit-tay decision, as I got the full bike w/good components for less than 7. The decision was well informed, but that doesnt diminish the crumminess of the frame.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

The coolest thing about leaders is that they usually have one component on the bike that retails for more than the frame itself.
    Jerreremy before you build you new bike check your pedals. I best those are what is making the bike creak. BTW is your Leader on Velospace?

Wes you and your bunch just coming back with your same lame remarks and not listening or reading what others are saying. I continue to stand by my original remark. Lame ass thread.

Skid I may show up this Sunday to the drome if you guys are there.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

I've read what you have said. The problem is that it doesnt fix the multitude of problems that leaders have. No one is forcing you to be here...
    • CommentAuthorjam guy

Posted By: jerereremyI wouldn't say it was a shit-tay decision, as I got the full bike w/good components for less than 7. The decision was well informed, but that doesnt diminish the crumminess of the frame.

I was not singling you out. Sorry to of made you feel that way. You got that bike for a good deal. I would have done the same thing then donated the frame to a co-op or something haha.
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

Posted By: VelodromeRatJerreremy before you build you new bike check your pedals. I best those are what is making the bike creak.
    i've worked on this problem over a dozen times on leaders specifically. regreased the pedals, bb, and even the spindle just to make sure. nope, still creaks. they just use low quality aluminium, bb's, and ht's.
    None of my bikes are on here yet, as i don't own a computer (buying one today!). The pedals are from an older bike. Definitely not the source of the creaking. The new bike is "built," I'm just waiting for the my bars and stem to show up.

No worries jam, I don't get butthurt that easily. I bought the frame to give AL a chance without going broke. Did it. Over it. Selling it to someone who'll appreciate it more...or someone who just wants a cool looking frame and doesn't care about long-term peformance...or thoughtful frame design (apparently).
    Frames do not creak. Text book 101 bike building. It is the parts used on the frames that do.

Multitudes? Man who is complaining here. You half ass dudes who do not even ride the bike or own one.

The difference is the people who own Leader are probably to busy riding to call you guys out.

As always Rock Leader dudes!
    Posted By: VelodromeRatFrames do not creak. Text book 101 bike building. It is the parts used on the frames that do.

Multitudes? Man who is complaining here. You half ass dudes who do not even ride the bike or own one.

The difference is the people who own Leader are probably to busy riding to call you guys out.

As always Rock Leader dudes!

Not to be argumentative, but isn't rear spacing textbook 101 bike building, too? If one area is shirked on, why not be suspish of it all?

Don't get it twisted. I'd rather have this bike than nothing, still.
    They are writing about a model made last year. This topic has been debated for a long time on many threads. It is always brought up by those riding other bikes. Always with those negative waves man. How about all the positives. You’re not going to get that from them or I. I do notown or ride one. It just stinks when these guys come on these threads and just post their so called bike knowledge opinions when they know jack about this company.

Anyway I know what I have seen on the track and road. I have not talked to anyone who rides them and actually hates them.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.