velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

What one should I buy?

I've heard good things about both and I'm having a tough time committing to one.

Whats your opinion?
    Same saddle pretty much once it's under your ass. Pick the one that costs less.
    Word...

If anyone has a different saddle to suggest, please feel free.
    • CommentAuthorfixedpuch
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2009

I have one of each...love them both. Prefer the concor
    • CommentAuthorESR
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2009

prefer concor too due to the shape and how it feels
    Both are sick, but i'm partial to the turbo. Bidding on one on ebay right now.
    • CommentAuthorgreg

I like the Turbo I have, but I've never ridden a Concor.
    • CommentAuthormuschology
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2009 edited

I had two Concors a couple months ago I bought off eBay. Ended up selling them both as I just couldn't "adapt." I just couldn't find a comfortable spot on them as appealing as the shape was. I felt my movement around the saddle was pretty limited and it just never got comfortable for me.

Still looking to score a Turbo at some point though, partially cause I wanted one as a BMX kid way back when.

Got tired of saddle-shopping and went for a pseudo-Regal in the Soma Okami.
    is the Soma Okami comfortable? I haven't heard a lot about the Soma saddles
    • CommentAuthorveng

turbos are great!!!
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

i think what he's trying to say is that every rider fits a saddle differently. you already asked about this in a different thread. go to a shop and ask if you can test out a few seats. if they're a good shop, they'll have some foam you can sit on and they'll measure your sitbones and give you a list of seats that will work better for you.

i personally can't stand turbos or regals. i've ridden a concor, concor lite, slr, etc. finally tried a flite and it has fit me the best.
    I know that everyone has a different fit for saddles and find things comfortable in different ways but I am looking for opinions on them.

And yes, i did ask about saddles in a earlier thread but because of that thread and hearing good things about Concor and Turbo saddles, I have started this thread to make a decision. If I pick one and I don't like it, it's no ones fault but mine and i'm 110% fine with that.

All I want is opinions and that is what i'm getting so I am happy :D
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

Asking which saddle will be comfortable for someone makes about as much sense as asking us what shoe size you should wear. We can talk about the relative quality of the saddles outside of fit though, that would make sense.
    • CommentAuthorKyle No 27

Concors take the cake in the style department, IMO. Especially beat up vintage Concors. ;)
    • CommentAuthorRuffinit

I have one Concors, one Rolls, and one Turbo. I like them all and they have all been through the ringer in any type of situation that you can think of. All of them have come through with flying colors. Quality is above par and each has it's own purpose. I've recently been told that my Turbo-Matic has been upstaged by a Fizik Aliante, buy a guy who's been riding the Turbo-Matic model for years.. The saddle as hard as they seem will eventually form somewhat to fit you. I'm of the old school though, take a bike out with the saddle you're thinking of and ride it.
    Thats what I want....quality, aesthetics, longevity of the saddle. Thats what i'm looking for....not so much comfort opinions because that doesn't mean anything to my butt.

I like what Ruffinit gave me...more to come?
    • CommentAuthorLoneWolf15

Posted By: iron jaidenSame saddle pretty much once it's under your ass. Pick the one that costs less.

The Selle Italia Turbo and the Selle San Marco Concor are VERY different saddles. The Turbo is far more flat, while the Concor has a raised tail designed for pushing off from when sprinting or climbing.

Personally, if you're looking for aesthetics, it depends some on the bike. The Concor and the Turbo came in different colors (white, yellow, black, and possibly a few rarer ones, like Celeste to match Bianchi). The Concor also comes in smooth leather, or brushed suede, and several models (SuperCorsa, Superleggera, or much later, the Concor Light, which is less of a classic, though a favorite choice of Lance, enough to extend its production life). I'm a bigger fan of the Concor myself, but it comes down to personal preference.
    I like the raised back on the concor and I think thats why i'm leaning toward the Concor right now.

I like all this...thanks dudes.
    • CommentAuthorfixedpuch

My concor gets more comfortable every ride.
    Posted By: LoneWolf15
    Posted By: iron jaidenSame saddle pretty much once it's under your ass. Pick the one that costs less.

The Selle Italia Turbo and the Selle San Marco Concor are VERY different saddles. The Turbo is far more flat, while the Concor has a raised tail designed for pushing off from when sprinting or climbing.

Personally, if you're looking for aesthetics, it depends some on the bike. The Concor and the Turbo came in different colors (white, yellow, black, and possibly a few rarer ones, like Celeste to match Bianchi). The Concor also comes in smooth leather, or brushed suede, and several models (SuperCorsa, Superleggera, or much later, the Concor Light, which is less of a classic, though a favorite choice of Lance, enough to extend its production life). I'm a bigger fan of the Concor myself, but it comes down to personal preference.

I'm not tryin to be a wiener but in most cases they're the exact same saddle. By that I mean it's being purchased solely because it's the "hot shit" on a tarck bike and they make em in white.
    Now if you're actually talking about comfort and fit then I apologize and yes they are indeed different. The Turbo tends to feel a little softer but is a pretty much flat surface whereas the concor feels stiffer at first and has a raised tail. The concor seems to age better in terms of fit for riders I've known but I've also known some people who swear by the turbo as it's almost got a "springy" feel to it that some quite like. I ride with a really well worn in concor and quite like the fit.
    Best thing to do is try em yourself but if that's not possible then you may wanna go with the concor as there tends to be less complaints about how they feel than the turbo.

But like I said if you just want an "old school" saddle they make in different colors then it really doesn't matter as you'll convince yourself a goddamn Kashimax 5GP is somehow comfortable for commuting if it looks good on your bike :)

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.