velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorfirebush
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2009 edited

Greetings,

I recently purchased a set of Suntour Superbe Pro's laced to Sun Mistral rims (tubular).

THey are buttery, light, and sexy!

Only thing is, I want to run them on the street and was thinking of getting them re-laced to some clincher rims so I don't go around slicing up 50+ dollar tubular tires all the time and dealing with the gluing process. Plus I want to find a rim that looks and acts similar to the Sun Mistrals....

can anyone recommend a similar rim that's a 36h clincher?

thanks!
    • CommentAuthorjayohachen
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2009

I have Araya ADX-4'a on my suntour superbe's. They were like "the cutest couple" for superbe pros back in the 80's for some Japanese bikes. I think yellow jersey has a write up on their site. They also have a nice grey anondized finish. I was gonna switch them out, but thought better of it.
    • CommentAuthorNash

sun me14a
    • CommentAuthorfirebush

thanks for the input guys...

I was just looking at Velocityusa.com and saw their "Blunt" rim which looks identical almost. It's not the lightest thing but it could work.

the Aero is also another obvious choice i suppose too.
    • CommentAuthorLoneWolf15
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2009 edited

Are you looking for rims that match that time period, or rims that match the profile? Or both?

I'm thinking Mavic CXP-33 would probably be close, but isn't period. If you want a period clincher, the Campagnolo Lambda-V Aero should be pretty close. The vendor below carries them, you may need to contact them for price. Also, check out the Omega-19 Hardox.

http://www.bikepro.com/products/rims/campy.html
    • CommentAuthorfirebush
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2009

thanks lonewolf!

Yes, period is what I am after, though performance would be nice too. I like those Campy Lambda-V Aero's.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.