velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthort0dk0n
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2008 edited

When I go out most places, I grab my messenger bag. Otherwise, if its just down the street or a quick run, I'll bring a ulock only. I carry enough tools to take care of whatever goes wrong with my bike while out on the road (especially when I commute). The tools consist of a small 15mm open/box ratcheting wrench, 6mm Allen wrench, Soma 100psi mini pump, 3 Soma tire levers, a small patch kit, a swiss army knife, and a Leatherman XTi multi-tool with interchangeable bit drivers (1-6mm Allen wrench, few sizes of Philip's and flat head). The rest of the crap I carry usually consists of a ulock if I need it or not, pair of gloves, sweatshirt, water, mints, deodorant, buff multi functional head wear, a pen and a mechanical pencil, lighter, wallet, meds, and a spare house key.

Lets see or hear what everyone else usually carries!
    • CommentAuthorpockmark
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2008

foldable tire/tube, lever, pump, patches, wrench...
    • CommentAuthorgreg

Tube, CO2, patch kit, multitool, map, lights.
    • CommentAuthorgarrett

Only thing I carry is a U-lock
    • CommentAuthorAeroAceV03

tube,co2,listerine,allen wrenches,grape swisher sweet, contacts, lock (sometimes*),camel filters, flash drive,writing utencils, and veried things from time to time
    my strap. couple extra clips.
    usually my backpack with allen set, 15mm wrench and school shit. and lock,
    and a pocket full of rubbers.
    • CommentAuthorOtto Rax

This seems mighty excessive, but you never know. i spend a fair amount of time no where near my house once i leave for the day, so the boy scout in me ALWAYS carries:

Collapsible baton
    15mm peanut butter wrench
    3-way
    headset/pedal wrench
    spanner
    spoke wrench
    Kershaw Leek knife
    2x tubes
    2x CO2's
    Soma steel lever
    Rain jacket
    Lock
    Platy bag
    Pen
    Paper
    Teabags
    trashbag
    basic first aid kit
    sharpie
    asst. powerbars
    pocket constitution
    travel toothbrush
    eye drops
    some aluminum foil
    extra contacts
    bic lighter
    a bouncy ball

Its really not as heavy as it sounds, and its good training. when i ride sans-bag i feel like a million bucks
    • CommentAuthorVman

usually
    a PBJ in one fist, handle of grape drank in the other

but seriously: food.
    food and a lighter
    • CommentAuthorRWitt

Nothing really ecept always my wallet and cell. I never travel far. If I did take a long trip I would have two tubes, a lock, flashlight, cellphone, carbs, water, aspirin and a rain parka. Maybe a map.
    • CommentAuthorVman

oh, and an ipod.

gotta have the jams.

only in one ear though. safe T first, kidos.
    I'm pretty much with Otto. I wear a backpack with a spare tube, an inflator with two cartridges, a spare hippie jerky snack in case I run out of gas, wallet and phone, multi-tool, hex set, tiny flashlight, camera, little tiny lock, a hat for not having stupid hair when I take my helmet off, a notebook, a toothbrush, travel chopsticks, spare change, a condom, business cards, and assorted bits and bobs.

All not including whatever the payload is, which usually includes my computer.
    • CommentAuthorETNZ
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2008

nothing except iphone and beer (on special events)
    i stuff a u lock in my messanger bag followed by a 6 pack of tall by PBRs and a multitool and 15mm wrench
    • CommentAuthormeatroll
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2008

desert eagle and a fleshlight.
    but really, i live (and sometimes work) out of my bag, so over the summer i used a 1800cu.in. ortlieb backpack, and i ordered a 4300 cu.in. seagull backpack for the winter.. i only pack the necessities but i also carry a washboard, slingshot, and usually some sort of boxed wine or malt beverage.
    ... washboard?
    yeah you like doin your laundry out in wild? just you, your desert and your washboard...
    ... So you're also carrying your laundry?
    lol
    and his desert eagle to protect his laundry
    I dunno, man. When I've been out biking hard, I need to defend myself from my laundry.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.