velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthor0S0
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2009 edited

I know theres a lot of these posts but i need help Fellas thats why i came here....Is the Kilo tt really better than the Windsor,But i really want to know more about THE HOUR and yes of course ive read the Specs on both bikes
    Please Can Some of you guys that Currently own these tell me the...

Windsor The Hour
    Pros:
    Cons:

Kilo TT
    Pros:
    Cons:

And one more question i couldnt Find: Is BikeDirect a Cheap Bike Seller Knock off????
    i would be Greatly Aprreciated if these question i ask to you would be answered.
    • CommentAuthorsfbee
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2009

Both come with similar components, with the exception of the kilo tt pro, which comes with a slightly upgraded drive train. Same frame material, different geometries. The windsor has a more relaxed geometry than the kilo. If you're not going with the pro, then just pick whatever suits your riding style better.

Bikes direct is indeed a cheap knock off, but they seem to get great reviews all around so I wouldn't be too worried about it.
    • CommentAuthorFrey
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2009

id grab the windsor clockwork over the hour, the silver rims being machined look way better, you get a set of brakes, and biggest of all, since you have to buy a fixed cog (which you'll do anyway once you see my point) later you get to choose your ratio, riding brakeless 48/16 with 1 skid pattern is awful. 48/17 or 48/15 however are both good depending on how flat your town is.
    winsor frames are very strong, i had one for 3 years and did lots of tricks and hops and what ever you can do on a bike, and it held up strong, the components it comes with suck, in my opinion.
    • CommentAuthorsteelisreal
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2009 edited

the Windsor is essentially the same as the Fuji Track. Good buy at $299
    • CommentAuthoreni13gma
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2009

I just bought the HOUR as my first fix. Have been riding it all over NYC, Brooklyn. It's great. Light. Fast. Got rid of the stock drop bar to put Nitto Risers on it and I swapped the pedals to MKS GR-9's. Chose black and it's more like a Matte Charcoal. Looks very nice. Don't get the Clockwork. The top tube has cable stays, which if you're not running a rear break makes the frame look less clean. I'm 5'7" with a standover of 31inches and I got the 54cm.

I was going to get the Mercier Kilo TT, but BD ran out of my size. Didn't want to wait, so I went with the HOUR. Other than the slightly straighter fork, they are nearly identical bikes. 4130 CroMo is the generic version of 520 Reynolds Steel (Name Brand). Save the 50 bucks and invest in upgrading a component.

You won't be disappointed with it as a first fix.
    • CommentAuthorstckygrns
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009

ive tried both the kilo and the windsor, and in my opinion the windsor is better. the toe clearance on the kilo sucks ass whenever you make sharp turns and if u want to ride track you wont be able to since the bottom bracket is too low for regulation... i must agree tho that both come with sucky components
    Windsor
    Pros: Solid frame for the price, better geo for the street
    Cons: Shitty components

Kilo TT
    Pros: Nice tubing, really clean looking
    Cons: Shitty components, bad toe overlap, heavy fork
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2009

Posted By: Indians44987Windsor
    Pros: Solid frame for the price, better geo for the street
    Cons: Shitty components

Kilo TT
    Pros: Nice tubing, really clean looking
    Cons: Shitty components, bad toe overlap, heavy fork
    windosr comes with sealed formula hubs. shitty?
    • CommentAuthorstckygrns
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2009

formula hubs=shitty
    I LOVE PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO BIKES POSTED ON HERE PASSING OFF THEIR OPINIONS WITHOUT ANY SORT OF SUPPORTING EVIDENCE OR TESTIMONIAL. THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT!
    /capslock
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2009

Posted By: stckygrnsformula hubs=shitty
    i think the general population would tend to disagree with you there.
    trust me, the my friend bought a windsor brand new and the hub seals came off after three months of use. Its not the normal formula hubs that come stock on velocity deep vs, those are actually pretty good for the price.
    • CommentAuthorprcheney
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2011 edited

I own an Hour. Best bike i've ever owned. The only drawback I know of is the cheap components everyone's talking about. But for under $300, and ridable out of the box it's still a great deal. You can read my more in depth windsor the hour review if you're interested.

[Administrator message: blog link removed. Please don't advertise outside websites or products on Velospace.]
    • CommentAuthorSHMOBES
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2011

I've owned the hour as my first fix.
    I got rid of it last oct. Because it was
    Too heavy the steel is strong I know alot of people
    Who've tricked on it and held up.
    TRUE the components suck but you get your
    Moneys worth for $299. Get some deep v's
    Change the stem/bars, and pedals and you're coo.
    Windsors could look solid.
    • CommentAuthortypeDvorak
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2011 edited

Posted By: prcheney
    [Administrator message: blog link removed. Please don't advertise outside websites or products on Velospace.]

This is the first example of outright moderation I've seen in discussion. I know you've sunk threads and waged a holy war on spammers but I don't really get this example in particular. I've seen linked articles or blogs before, it seems as if the self-promotion that is the problem. Because he is the owner/webmaster of the page he can't post his page, however if another user had posted it it would have stayed up?
    • CommentAuthorquidose

He should have gotten JACN to post it in exchange for a TiGr link on his page.
    • CommentAuthortypeDvorak

I think the difference is that JACN is a long time contributing member where this other guy is a noob, which I find questionable.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.