velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

Greg how come you stopped selling merch? I snagged one of the grey hoodies and a t-shirt like 2 years ago and they both rule. You oughta still sell that stuff man! Maybe throw some good decals up too. You know a lot of us fools would represent properly.
    Just curious.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2009

I'd wear a velospace zip up. Maybe even some nice wool so it wouldnt be soggy after rides...
    • CommentAuthorgreg

I'd really like to sell more merch. I've written a blog few posts about this:

Thoughts on merchandise, and why Zazzle Sucks

If I can find someone who can make high quality merch in a turn-key drop ship type setup I would forgo any reasonable margin to have it done. Frankly, the hassle of designing, ordering, receiving, taking orders and money, packing, shipping, and customer service is a huge headache. I would happily to pay someone to take care of these details just to provide some more merch
    Well that explains that. Guess there's a little more to it than screen printing in your basement and accepting paypal duckets.
    That's a shame though. I'd love to see some nice Velospace gear. Hoodies, t-shirts, caps, decals, art prints, etc..
    If you do ever get some of that sorted out though and want any help on the design side of things I'd gladly put some time into it.
    Wasted about $100k on four years of art school a decade ago so I'm always looking for new and exciting ways to justify my student loan bills.
    • CommentAuthordeermatt

hey greg, one of my good friends has a small print shop , I think he would be down to do it ( he rides too).. He has all the dealer contacts for blanks, and burns his own screens and all. Im not positive what he charges, but I believe its on the low end. Would you be able to make a design , or get someone to do the design and send me the seperated layers? I dont think it would be hard to get done .
    • CommentAuthorgreg
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2009

Have him drop me a note - does he do end to end processing of orders? I need someone who can accept orders, fulfill them, process payment, customer service, and so on.

\

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.

velospace | About | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | contact | blog | status | site map | ©ActionHub.com
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.