velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorbrandonnn
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2009 edited

i was at the lake all day and i had a friend of mine put together my bike while i was gone because i needed it,asap.
    learned a lesson because my friend didnt know shit,pretty much just was trying to look cool and act like he knew some stuff.
    i get back to my bike and my lockring was barley on and there were a list of things loose on it.
    i tighten the lockring and everything else.
    a couple days later,im smashing down a hill and the cog and lockring come off.he cross threaded my cog.
    but its my fault for letting him work on it.

since im poor and barley have enough money for beer
    i was wondering if i thread the cog on the best i can with a shit ton of loctite and weld the cog and lockring

would that be safe?
    Safe? Maybe. It's always risky when you do that the wrong way. I'd say if you're going to do that just really try not to use your legs to stop too much (pedaling forward tightens your cog, backpedaling works to loosen it obviously). If you're still rollin on that draft you got in your profile you may wanna toss a front brake on there until you can sort out that hub.
    JB weld instead of loctite.
    • CommentAuthorbrandonnn
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2009

Posted By: mydogsnameisbobJB weld instead of loctite.

loctite then jb weld or just say fuck it and weld it mad hard?

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.