velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorsfbee
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2009

I almost picked up a complete super record equipped 1989 coppi that pooped up on craigslist here for 185 bucks the other day.

The frame was way too small for me though (52, I ride 60+), and it was an hour away so I let it go. Hopefully it found a good home
    Shoulda bought it anyways!!!
    • CommentAuthorchilla
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2009

i got my best deals at 2nd hand-market from guys who don´t know what they sell... some brooks saddles for less than 10€, a brand new dolphin saddle for 1,50€, brand new kinesis frame for 50€, spd-pedals with new shoes in my size for 10€... i also got a nos 165mm(!) kooka crank at ebay for 50€...
    • CommentAuthorAaron C
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2009

Posted By: sfbeeI almost picked up a complete super record equipped 1989 coppi that pooped up on craigslist here for 185 bucks the other day.

i've seen similar type deals where you know xyz excellent bike that doesn't fit you is worth way more if you flipped it or parted it out but wouldn't you rather know that some one else got a really stellar deal on a nice ride. eventually good karma will push something nice your way.
    • CommentAuthorcloud
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2009

i got some shoes for $5 marked down from $85 at urbz today
    • CommentAuthorsfbee
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009 edited

Not the best of deals, but I picked up a Benotto modelo 1000 off of craigslist for 80 bucks today. There are a few spots of rust on the frame, along with a couple of notable scratches on the top tube, but all in all it's in really good shape. I'll probably post some pictures of it before to long, but it's pretty much identical to the one discussed here, with the exception that mine has columbus zeta tubing.
    • CommentAuthorsfbee
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009 edited

*deleted duplicate generated by blackberry browser*
    • CommentAuthorHMax
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009

a few months ago; i got my 1980's pinarello amatore track frame essentially complete asside from pedals and wheels for 300
    fits me perfectly, rides like a champ, just some minor decal/paint scratches and one toptube dent
    • CommentAuthorMr Wolf
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2010 edited

I picked up a Olmo san remo 1990 full dura ace (7400) for £160! It is in my collection if you want a look.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.