velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorhroddd
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2008

hello to anyone and everyone,

i just picked up a pearly white 58cm kuwahara carrera ul yesterday for $20. i know the general history of the kuwahara company but can't seem to find anything specific on this bicycle in particular. anyone got info?
    Here is one on craigslist that looks nice. These bikes seem like decent frames, not top rated, but very serviceable. For 20 bucks you got a deal and you can spend some money on it. Clean it up real good with a soap and water bath--get all the grime and grease off in all the nooks and crannies. if there are scratches and chips buy some auto touch up paint that matches and do a touch up on the frame. Clean and oil the chain. Look for a good used lightweight saddle for 20 bucks, and if the wheels are not very good, spend 50-60 bucks on some good late 1980-90s 700c wheels (mavics?), put some decent tires on it with new bar tape and you are good to go for less than a 100 bucks. If you do clipless pedals used Look style pedals can be had for 10-20 bucks too! Check craigslist!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/bik/1028967201.html
    • CommentAuthorSkylar
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2009

I just uploaded my Kuwa project, it was a trash scavenge.

Besides mine there's a handful on google, they're pretty obscure.

Mine has mid-range Tange tubing. It is a lightweight for an '85 model.

Kuwahara made Apollo bikes as well, but built their company off of BMX/Freestyle bike sales and Factory teams, as well as their bike starring in E.T.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.