velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorKyle No 27
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2009

I see a lot of hating done by users that either: a) haven't even uploaded their bike for us to see; or b) haven't even built their super sweet fixie yet and probably never will(most likely the majority of the people I'm talking about).

After reading so much bullshit hate from these idiots, I'm beginning to feel like they shouldn't even be allowed to post comments until they have uploaded photos of their bikes.

What do you guys think? I'd like to hear if anyone agrees with this idea..
    • CommentAuthorohand

I disagree, but I haven't upload pictures of my bike, so my opinion is invalid. I just don't have a digital camera.

Also, people who have added their bikes can be idiots as well. It's the dilemma of internet forums; you can't determine, totally, who is going to be more or less logical. A lot of people are retarded. Some aren't. The odds are against reason when the internet is involved. I'm not sure what I just typed is coherent.
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2009 edited

I agree, it's VELOspace. Upload a pic of your bike, any bike that you own. If you're gonna talk smack about how other people's bikes are set up, you should be willing to take the heat for what you own.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

If you make rude comments about other peoples bikes without even posting yours, youre a douche. And if youre gonna talk about how fast you are you need to post up a picture of your quads next to something common, lets say a coke can or bic lighter, so we can judge how big they are.
    • CommentAuthoriron jaiden

Yeah douche comments are a problem for sure. A qualifier like having posted your own bike photo would make the community too exclusionary though. What greg oughta do is just put up a moderation system for comments. Nothing complex like Slashdot but something simple like Amazon. If enough people give a wack comment a thumbs down it automatically gets hidden and you have the option of showing it or not. Those of us that don't wanna read stupid shit won't have to, those that do are more than welcome to. Also those that get a bunch of thumbs ups on their comments could get like a little cog next to their username or something. Just to identify who rules on this site and who's a chump that has nothing better to do than hate on things. All community driven.
    I think that'd work.

Ps. let's be honest though Peacock Groove kinda deserved to get his ass handed to him :)
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark

I don't think owning a bike to be on VELOspace would make it exclusive. Why does everything need to be sooooooooooo inclusive anyways? This isn't a music scene, which is about appreciating music. It's a bike website, where people put up pictures and description of their bikes. It's not a bicycle fan club.

Also sometimes, people don't like when someone is candid, truthful or honest, so making a comment disappear based on other's approval or "liking it" may delete worthwhile information.

Those comments on his page just seem to be a lot of jealous whining. It's obvious that the builder took the shots. My only complaint is that the top tube should be over his shoulder, the proper "portage" method. You guys must really hate the coffee table book "Rain City Fixed".
    Stop whining. If you can't handle the internet go outside.
    • CommentAuthorKyle No 27

For the record: this post had been brewing a long time before some guy dared to post a picture of himself with his bike.
    Posted By: wes m.If you make rude comments about other peoples bikes without even posting yours, youre a douche. And if youre gonna talk about how fast you are you need to post up a picture of your quads next to something common, lets say a coke can or bic lighter, so we can judge how big they are.

Why are you tryin to use internet BS as an excuse to check our your e-bros legs. If you wanna check them out just ask for a link to their myspace. No need to beat around the bush. :p

Who cares how fast someone says they are over the internet? What bearing does that have on your life?
    • CommentAuthoriron jaiden

Posted By: SkidMarkI don't think owning a bike to be on VELOspace would make it exclusive. Why does everything need to be sooooooooooo inclusive anyways? This isn't a music scene, which is about appreciating music. It's a bike website, where people put up pictures and description of their bikes. It's not a bicycle fan club.

Also sometimes, people don't like when someone is candid, truthful or honest, so making a comment disappear based on other's approval or "liking it" may delete worthwhile information.

Those comments on his page just seem to be a lot of jealous whining. It's obvious that the builder took the shots. My only complaint is that the top tube should be over his shoulder, the proper "portage" method. You guys must really hate the coffee table book "Rain City Fixed".

Eh fair enough. I personally couldn't give a shit less about internet poo talkin (or real life poo talk for that matter). I'm 32, not 12... This community is pretty small so a moderation system may be pointless. Other communities online where you get like hundreds or even thousands of comments to weed through totally benefit from community moderation though. As funny as trolls can be sometimes it gets fucking boring to read through a zillion worthless posts to get to something coherent.

And no dude, the comments on homeboy's glamour shot are not jealous whining. That's just plain ol' hatin on a fool for being such a dork. I'll be the first to stand proud and say a fuckin bike is not a purse. Get your goofy ass out of the urban outfitters and on the road :)

Have you guys actually seen someone say how fast they rode their goddamn bike on the internet? I gotta admit I don't spend a ton of time online but I've never seen no shit like that. Would be fun to read though. Where's lickedwicked when you need him?
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark

At least his track bike will actually see the track, more than I can say for most of you.
    • CommentAuthorNash

I think my favorite are the people that have been starting a ton of bullshit threads and commenting ever 2 hours. Yet, they cant " figure out how to upload their bike or fill out a simple form"
    I'm glad I don't own a track bike. It seems like too much to live up to.

:rolleyes:
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

Posted By: mydogsnameisbob
    Posted By: wes m.If you make rude comments about other peoples bikes without even posting yours, youre a douche. And if youre gonna talk about how fast you are you need to post up a picture of your quads next to something common, lets say a coke can or bic lighter, so we can judge how big they are.

Why are you tryin to use internet BS as an excuse to check our your e-bros legs. If you wanna check them out just ask for a link to their myspace. No need to beat around the bush. :p

Who cares how fast someone says they are over the internet? What bearing does that have on your life?

either you didnt get my humor or im not getting yours
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2009 edited

I don't think riding in circles every once in a while is that much to live up to. Most Velodromes have classes and open track nights.
    • CommentAuthorsfbee
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2009 edited

blah.
    I ride in circles sometimes. Am I doing it right?
    • CommentAuthorLyKqiD
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2009

Posted By: SkidMarkI don't think riding in circles every once in a while is that much to live up to. Most Velodromes have classes and open track nights.

As the majority here I am proud to say my bike has never seen the track, and it probably never will. I didnt build it to race, I built it to give me alittle more incentive to ride the couple miles to work, because a car is not on the fiscal horizon.

ps wes m, some people are allergic to sarcasm.
    Achoo.
    Posted By: SkidMarkI don't think riding in circles every once in a while is that much to live up to. Most Velodromes have classes and open track nights.

But what about BAAAACKWARD circles???

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.