velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

i've been seeing these VISP track frames on ebay and i was wondering if anybody had ridden one and what they thought. i know they're aluminum (i dont care), i know they're made in taiwan (i still dont care), so dont just start spewing all that shit. im wondering how they ride and how they look in person, etc.
    Haha dude you look pretty determined to not hear anything bad about VISPS.
    It's pretty simple. They're cheap. They look cheap, they ride cheap, they are cheap. I've seen two and rode one around the block a couple times. Wouldn't waste my money personally. Leaders are nicer frames and Leaders ain't exactly nice frames.
    Hey if you're still interested in the frames, I just built one up --- https://velospace.org/node/22952
    • CommentAuthorLyKqiD
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2009

I knew this thread would reference leader for a comparison.

A friend built a visp up, stiff as hell and looks pretty clean. Very thin tubing, the shop that built it up said "No curbs or wheelies and you'll be fine". They were actually impressed that the aluminum was so thin, a pretty impressive welding job. Just about the only negative you will get out of this bike is people talking shit about it. So if you are deaf, and dont peruse forums, then you will be more then happy.
    • CommentAuthorESR
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2009

Posted By: LyKqiDI knew this thread would reference leader for a comparison.

So if you are deaf, and dont peruse forums, then you will be more then happy.

o wont we all
    • CommentAuthorbigedmiami
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2009

i bought one for my son a month or so ago. the bike is as good or better than any low/mid end frame out there now. it is a really sweet looking frame well built and stiff as hell. for the $$ i don't think you can beat it. pull the trigger and enjoy it
    • CommentAuthorDavids
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2010

No curbs or wheelies and you'll be fine". They were actually impressed that the aluminum was so thin, a pretty impressive welding job. Just about the only negative you will get out of this bike is people talking shit about it. So if you are deaf, and dont peruse forums, then you will be more then happy.
    you brought back this thread just to quote someone?
    A local cat 3 won a roadie crit running freewheel on a visp. I don't know much about the frame and yeah it's the rider not the ride, but hey, if he can win...
    Posted By: DavidsNo curbs or wheelies and you'll be fine

Haha...that's what my LBS says about the track frame i have...
    • CommentAuthorbowiesimon
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010 edited

I bought one, built it up - was sweet, looked hot and rodegreat. Sold it and the guy who bought it loves it.
    I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

https://velospace.org/node/28341
    • CommentAuthormadjex
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2010

i just assemble it today but the problem is headset that comes with it is kindda loose. what can i do? help please...
    • CommentAuthorGloomy

Posted By: madjexi just assemble it today but the problem is headset that comes with it is kindda loose. what can i do? help please...

I have built two VISP frame in the past and I never had any problem with the headset.
    It must be something about tapping the headset properly in the steer tube or you're simply missing a washer/shim somewhere.
    Have you installed the stem properly? You could get a loose from there.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

Did you remember to tighten the compression bolt before you tightened the stem?
    • CommentAuthorjdiaz12
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2010 edited

I have been riding mine visp for about two years. Bought it when there were no reviews or forums about it. Nobody knew so I plunged in and risked the pruchase. Glad I did because I only paid $130 for the frameset. The aluminum is a bit cheap since it is a little heavy but it is nothing to complain about. Here is my baby

P.S. The frames that are 57cm and above seem to have that pursuit look to them

Before

After

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.