velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

can a bike be a chick magnets? do you as riders recieve praise forbeing environmentally clean in traveling? do you as a rider ever recieve hate from pedestrians and or drivers? Is there animosity towards bikes from other forms of transport other than cars? (roller blades, skateboard, scoote....)
    Yeah dude I forever get chased down by kids on roller blades who just wanna toss my bike in the river and strap skates to my feet. Hella hard to get away from too. They're everywhere!
    On the plus side the bike really is a chick magnet. This one time I was at a stop sign and these models pulled up in a ferrari. Naturally I bust right into my illest no handed / one foot track stand. Girls thought I was so fly just chillin there with my legs all spread out and my hands in the air. I even think one of em said out loud "oooooooo! I been waitin my whole life to find a skinny dude covered in retarded tattoos who spends a lot of his free time learning how to roll backwards on a bicycle and doesn't shower much. Holy shit are those NJS rims even? Player went ALL out! Let's see if he wants to do a threesome".

That's what I remember at least. Good topic.
    • CommentAuthorLoneWolf15
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2009

My bike brings me a feeling that is better than what any prescription antidepressant could provide.

I do recall years ago getting hooted and whistled at by a carload of high school gals. Mind you, I was 23 back then. Those days are gone.
    • CommentAuthormuckymucky
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2009

well it came with a lot of explorationatoryolic fun that i never thought of ^____^
    a kind of legal way home from the bar
    • CommentAuthorgridplan
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2009 edited

do you as a rider ever recieve hate from pedestrians and or drivers?

Sure, from the occasional driver. I guess I missed the memo, but apparently it's their road. :) A couple of years ago I almost received the so-called "door prize" from a couple of guys who sidled up to me in their car (at speed) and kicked the passenger side door open. Their timing was off and they missed. Usually, though, drivers like that will just chuck a flattened Coke can or flick a cigarette butt, but not that time.
    I don't see how safe it is to be mean to bikers. Once they're out of their car, drivers lose all their power. Then it's time for riders to pull out their chain whips, bats, hammers and any other weapon that can be weilded on a bike. How do they feel safe knowing that their car is their only protection and even then it could be easily damaged. I'm sure a cyclist can get away with a lot more crime than somebody riding a car in an urban environment, drivers should retract their actions of hate if they only knew.
    My bike brings sanity, good friends, great times.
    My bike brings quicker-than-car transportation through the city, a healthy hobby, great friends, and a healthy thing to spend money on.
    • CommentAuthorfixedpuch
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2009

Posted By: gunssforhirea kind of legal way home from the bar

you can get a BUI or BWUI.....if you unicycle, you cant get any type of ticket for riding wasted unless its public intoxication.......

my bike makes me happy....and thats the most important thing
    • CommentAuthorqwerth
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2009

i get all the girls cause of my bike
    • CommentAuthorREPIN213
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2009

I almost got run off the road here In L.A because some idiot thought it was funny. When my friends and I caught up to this "Dushbag" and his ghetto ass girl friend at a red light they peeled out into a mini mall and got out on the other exit. it was on MLK and Vermont ..

I sold my car to start a healthier life. MY BIKE'S BRING ME BETTER HEALTH AND SANITY IN THIS INNER HELL WHOLE.
    Posted By: REPIN213I almost got run off the road here In L.A because some idiot thought it was funny. When my friends and I caught up to this "Dushbag" and his ghetto ass girl friend at a red light they peeled out into a mini mall and got out on the other exit. it was on MLK and Vermont ..

I sold my car to start a healthier life. MY BIKE'S BRING ME BETTER HEALTH AND SANITY IN THIS INNER HELL WHOLE.

i suggest you carry a weapon as a show of force.
    • CommentAuthorlatron
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2009

My bike gets me groceries. And lumber, firewood, and pretty much everything else. Heaviest single thing I've carried: a two-foot-long hunk of steel I-beam (about 60 pounds, I'd guess), balanced on my handlebars. Fun! Haven't had a car in years, and don't miss it at all.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2009

im in it for the asian hipster chicks.
    Posted By: wes m.im in it for the asian hipster chicks.

Me too! We have sooo much in common! Wow
    • CommentAuthorREPIN213
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2009

Posted By: lickedwicked
    Posted By: REPIN213I almost got run off the road here In L.A because some idiot thought it was funny. When my friends and I caught up to this "Dushbag" and his ghetto ass girl friend at a red light they peeled out into a mini mall and got out on the other exit. it was on MLK and Vermont ..

i suggest you carry a weapon as a show of force.

haha ..I do
    I mean it's so easy for bikers do damage cars. If I really hate this driver I can just toss stones at his windows and ride off to some sidewalk. He can't get me either, no liscence number on my bike and he won't be able to find me.
    • CommentAuthorNash
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2009 edited

Sidewalk eh? check your trusty old bike laws again. ILLEGAL to ride on a sidewalk, it is not called the sideride is it? I would throw rocks at the rider on the side walk. at least the car knows where it is supposed to be which is on the road!
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2009

and if he really hated you he'd drive onto the sidewalk and kill you.

some people are seriously dumb.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.