velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

Picked up a pretty ratty Chenu recently and can't find much info about it. It has Columbus Tretubi Aelle tubing and is most likely mid 80's. Head badge says Michel Chenu Motobecane-Yamaha Antibes 93-33-89-75. I'm not a collector but might want to restore it (paint is almost totally flaked off but no rust) if it's something of value if not I'll probably flip it. https://velospace.org/node/48621
    Frankly, and whatever that means, I never heard of 'Chenu', but the bike itself looks alright, doesn't it ? So what is it that you do not like here ? The 'Aelle' tubes are nothing really special, but keep in mind that frame quality depends only to a certain extent on the tubesets used.

--direct link, maybe next time to a slightly bigger pic--

As always, those parts that have direct contact to rider or road can make a huge difference: i.e. slightly bigger tires, saddle, handlebar, pedals, aero levers etc. - Also of importance is, of course, that the whole thing looks good and fits to your size. If you really loathe it, just leave it - but why should you ?

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.