velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

It seems like there are noticeably less bikes being uploaded to velospace last 6 months or so. I remember coming on before daily and there were always a wack of awesome bikes going up. Where'd everyone go??
    No clue, but it seems there are only a handful of us left.
    • CommentAuthor8Aaron8
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2014

Too bad because I love the people here :(
    A lot of people have migrated to other sites. I think a couple glitches after the new owners took over drove some people away.
    • CommentAuthorShaku
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2014

Yeah, I used to be able to come here daily and there'd be an overwhelming amount of posts in general.

But yeah, you guys are great!
    • CommentAuthorgreg
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2014

What type of Glitches are you referring to? What's not working for you?
    I've mentioned these a few times to txc, but no one can see their own profiles while logged in. It will show a blank white page.

Also, in the past user info was available in everyone's profile. I.e. location, interests, etc. One can still fill these out in the profile info, but they do not appear on people's profile.
    ^ +1
    • CommentAuthorgreg
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2014

Thanks Very much. Let me get this to the techs. There are some new ones that may be able to work thru these issues.
    Excellent!
    • CommentAuthorgreg
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2014

So far, they're not finding the blockage that keep these elements from working.

Are all of you on IE browser, or the app? or something else? I need to know what you are using so I can try to replicate it and give more information to the techs.
    Video of the problem. I haven't been able to view my profile for around a year. Happens on Firefox and Chrome with OSX, Win 7 & 8 and Ubuntu.
    The app? Didn't know there was an app.

I run Chrome and Firefox on various Linux distros and Win 7 & 8. Happens in all; does not seem to be a browser issue.

Albert's video nails it. If one opens their profile in an incognito/private window then it will appear. I.e. can only see one's own profile while logged out of velospace. Hence why one can view everyone else's profile but their own.
    • CommentAuthorjoaobola
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2014 edited

user map (coming back soon)

c'mon, just delete this thing, is just sad!
    • CommentAuthorstalag13
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2014

I would also like to see this app, which I kinda think doesn't exist. I can't imagine a site which hasn't changed up it's design since I've been on here actually making themselves into an app.

I actually did a design exercise recently as part of a job interview where I imagined Velospace as an iOS app. Did an IA map, userflows, wireframes, a ton of visuals. Just exists as a bunch of static screens at the moment, maybe I'll post them up one of these days...
    Nothing wrong with doing design exercises, but when out of 43139 users, only two are currently online, and if then -among the two- one is possibly not 'compatible', 40K users might begin to wonder where an 'app' might be leading us ...NOT shallst thou follow false idols:

• CommentAuthorgreg
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2014

Sorry about that app comment. Most forum's have an app but this one does not. For this one I was thinking of mobile browser for the forum.

Why did people stop uploading the bike photos? Someone said about 6 months ago.

Can you still upload the bikes, or are some of you having problems? I've not read every thread on the site, so I may have over looked a thread where this was discussed.

Thanks for any answers and information you can point me to.
    • CommentAuthorjoaobola
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2014

another thing, featured bikes???

last one was 2013 !

1991 Serotta x Davis Phinney from NRV. Featured on 4/25/2013.
    • CommentAuthormoik

So happy this discussion started! I wrote a lot of things down some months ago that are not good no more. I've to say that the whole site needs a upgrade! User map, profile, featured bike are not working, the upload of bikes is out of time, the fact you have to tip on every pic to see it instead of scrolling through, the design... I love velospace and here are still the best guys with good tips and comments and not only showing and posing! Please make it the best site for cycle-freaks again!
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Its not that featured bikes are "broken" its that there is no one is selecting them. The last few were me and I stopped for a lack of interest. The last thread I made for voting had little feedback so I stopped.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.