velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorzipp2004
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2013

I'm seeking advice picking a sub $500 track frameset for training out on the road, not velodrome. It might also be used for scratch racing at the velodrome. Used framesets are something I'm definitely considering. I've looked at the Kissena, Sonik, Fuji Track Pro, Langsters, Throne, Leaders, et. al. I welcome any and all insight. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorzipp2004
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2013

Acually I should've said I'm willing to spend around $500, maybe even up to $650 or so. Thx.
    Not familiar with the Kissena, but everything else you've listed as a possibility could be found within that budget, most of us are willing to help with pick up of a local craigslist item for gas and a nice lunch or so!
    Leaders, Thrones, Aventons, etc. are all shitty aluminum frames with sloppy welds and (usually) poorly thought-out geo.
    • CommentAuthorzipp2004

Yep. Geo is definitely key. I like seat tubes >74 degrees. Kissenas are made by Affinity out of Bklyn, NY.
    • CommentAuthorHaegan

Skeptical that you'll find much with a seattube angle over 74.

I would recommend taking a look at a pake French 75 which I had and liked. They can be had new in your price range and the quality is good.
    • CommentAuthorzipp2004
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2013

Eureka. The Pake French 75 is an excellent choice. I would've never found it on my own. Seat tube > 75! Awesome...
    • CommentAuthorCeya
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2013 edited

Posted By: socal3renshoNot familiar with the Kissena, but everything else you've listed as a possibility could be found within that budget, most of us are willing to help with pick up of a local craigslist item for gas and a nice lunch or so!
    Kissena is the model name made by Affinity. Named after Kissena area in Queens NY, where Kissena Velodrome is located and Kissena Cycling Team.

S/F,
    CEYA!
    I knew of the Velodrome, just not the model.
    Thanks CEYA!
    • CommentAuthorzipp2004
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2013

No kidding. I'm a native!
    well, there you go then.....
    Next question!
    • CommentAuthorfixmygear
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2013

honestly ive had leaders and they are amazingly light and sturdy frames, ide say go with a leader 735 im very pleased with my leader frame
    The welds on Leaders are horrible, the paint is cheap, and the whole frame creaks like an old house. Source: me, owning three leaders over 4 years.
    Also, has anyone said
    KILO TT
    i am trying to sell my Cinelli Vigorelli. Have a look, if you like it, shoot me a PM!
    • CommentAuthorzipp2004
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2013

That Vigorelli is really nice but I can't do less than 55-56 cm. Nice bike though.
    Dawes sst al

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.