velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorShaku
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2013 edited

So here's the build thread for it, why not :P I have plans to put some Sram X7 stuff on it and am kind of going back and forth deciding between a single speed build or geared build for the winter. I shift enough to prevent it from freezing up the lines too much, but ionno . . .

So far i've put on an FSA Orbit MX headset, Spank Tweet Tweet seat collar (only white collar I could get from our suppliers at work), and a Thomson Masterpiece post (the logo is covered by electrical tape).

29 Oct

31 Oct

• CommentAuthorlatron
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2013

Cool. The trick is to keep it in exactly the same position throughout the process so you can do a time-lapse series at the end -- it'll be like it built itself!
    • CommentAuthorShaku

Posted By: latronCool. The trick is to keep it in exactly the same position throughout the process so you can do a time-lapse series at the end -- it'll be like it built itself!

Hmm that that'd be fun :) thanks for the idea
    • CommentAuthorstayfed

I've been thinking about one of these frames. Looks rad. Gears would be rad.
    • CommentAuthorShaku
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2013

Got a bunch of parts in :)
    • CommentAuthorShaku
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2013

I have 50mm of spacers under the stem, but I don't want to cut the steerer :( I think I'm just going to have a bunch of spacers up top above the stem.
    • CommentAuthorShaku
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2013 edited

I need opinions for how the spacers should be set up, let me know what your vote is by telling me the title of the picture you think is best :) thanks you guys! :D

http://s712.photobucket.com/user/Shaku_Shintai/library/Bike%20Stuff/Surly%20Cross%20Check/Spacer%20Options
    I like the photo timeline you have going on above.

As far as stem/spacer options, I like 3 and 5. I'm usually one for matching seatpost and stem colors, hence option 5, but I really like how the white/creme stem looks on the frame.
    • CommentAuthorShaku
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2013 edited

Posted By: vqstaphbeardI like the photo timeline you have going on above.

As far as stem/spacer options, I like 3 and 5. I'm usually one for matching seatpost and stem colors, hence option 5, but I really like how the white/creme stem looks on the frame.

Just kind of worried how this would work since the cranks are black.
    Ohh, I guess I'd have to see a mockup with the black crankset. I really like how the white stem, spacers, headset look on it. It actually doesn't look bad combined with the black seatpost. The black face plate helps tie it in.
    • CommentAuthorjoaobola
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2013

yep, option 5 for me also! black is black !

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.