velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthordqs
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2013 edited

I am in the process of building a giant speeder as a birthday gift for my brother. It will be a mix of the nineties frame combined with modern stuff in all black.

Only problem i have is deciding on the saddle, should i go classic (like the 'new' selle italia turbo 1980) or modern? I can get a Selle San Marco Ponza saddle for just €20 on ebay, but not sure that's the way to go.

Looking to build it up like this, except for radial front, that is gonna be 3 spokes laced:

I'd go classic saddle.
    • CommentAuthorHaegan
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2013

i think an og flite would look sweet.
    • CommentAuthordqs
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2013

Posted By: Haegani think an og flite would look sweet.

indeed... also found this XO flow:

• CommentAuthorveggie

I've had a few of those XOs, they are pretty nice for an inexpensive saddle. I found them to be comfy, but remember before you go buying a saddle that everybody's ass is different
    • CommentAuthordqs

Posted By: veggieI've had a few of those XOs, they are pretty nice for an inexpensive saddle. I found them to be comfy, but remember before you go buying a saddle that everybody's ass is different

The bike is a birthday present for my brother, so i can't really let him try out different saddles, that would ruin the surprise. Makes the choice easy though, just concentrate on esthetics only.
    • CommentAuthordqs
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2013

probably gonna go for san marco rolls black, with the normal 'gold' metal also black.

• CommentAuthorchefn8
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2013

Rolls is definitely sweet. I would hesitate on the ponza, most people I know say they aren't comfortable. If you want inexpensive, the San Marco Ischia is comfy and looks good, I have done 60-70 mile rides on one and not had a sore ass. I also have a nice Vintage suede Laser in black if you are interested PM me. Cheers.
    • CommentAuthordqs
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2014

for those interested in the complete bike with the Rolls saddle:

• CommentAuthorjoaobola
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2014

not bad, maybe your brother will putt gears back on that baby! good you didn't cut anything!!
    Level that saddle!

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.