velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CINELLI-TRACK-TIME-TRIAL-BICYCLE-SUN-TOUR-KORE-SUGINO-BIKE-/140999554900?pt=US_Bicycles_Frames&hash=item20d43a7754&nma=true&si=OJwhq%252Ff6d7DPt2sFP1BOX2136q4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Scooped this up real cheap.

Some notable parts: Cinelli 2A stem (going to Tracker), Selle Italia SLR saddle, Suntour Superbe Pro cranks.
    Other parts: Formula/CXP22 wheelset, Shimano 600 post, Cinelli 66's, SPD road pedals, Miche track bb, Miche headset (craaaaaaaaap)

I don't have the slightest clue who made the frame. The bb shell is just marked "58" and there are no other identifying marks anywhere else on the frame. It's a nice frame though. And it's drilled for brakes!! So I might just hang on to it. I really want to get a TCB rack for it and use it as a bitchin' beater basket bike.
    • CommentAuthoridrinkwater
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2013 edited

Let's see the Parlee! This is cool though. Just a question, when you say

Miche headset (craaaaaaaaap)

are you calling the headset crap, or are you lamenting the fact that it exists, or is on the bike? I guess either way, the miche headset isn't good. I think my question is, why isn't it good?...
    I'll post pics of the Parlee soon! I've been riding it a lot (still going to upgrade some parts).

As for the Miche headset, it is incredibly rough. I'm not sure if it's a quality issue or an age issue. I'll probably replace it.
    Nice find! I need to post pics of my basketed fixed beater.
    Thanks! And I wanna see it!
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2013

Now I want a fixed beater basket bike
    • CommentAuthorTracker
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2013

Posted By: SillyGooseCookie
    I am going to get a TCB rack for it and use it as a bitchin' beater basket bike.

Fixed it for you
    I'll place the order soon
    cranks165?
    dibs?
    yeah they're 165. but right now Virgil has dibs on them. if he passes I'll sell them to you.
    Of all the bikes I have, I probably ride it the most. It's so easy to hop on and go, I don't have to worry about it, and the basket is awesome to have for spontaneous hauling needs. I'd like to have a geared beater equivalent.
    is that sticker on the down tube from a bike shop? maybe contact them to see the brands they carried? Or if its unique, maybe was a special order?
    What size is that 600 seatpost?
    a ha, so *you* bought that one. Contemplated placing a bid before remembering I have literally zero dollars. Any clues to the maker yet?
    • CommentAuthorparkman14
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2013

I love that fork crown
    Posted By: socal3renshois that sticker on the down tube from a bike shop? maybe contact them to see the brands they carried? Or if its unique, maybe was a special order?

The sticker is from a NYC century ride... no bike shop markings :(

Posted By: vqstaphbeardWhat size is that 600 seatpost?

27.2, and for sale!

Posted By: the fumingatora ha, so *you* bought that one. Contemplated placing a bid before remembering I have literally zero dollars. Any clues to the maker yet?

There aren't any markings on the frame and bb is just stamped "58" so I'm really not sure. I contacted the eBay seller to see if he knew the history of the frame or could put me in contact with the previous owner. He said that the previous owner is... well, dead. So I think it will forever be a mystery track frame. Unless I can find another track bike that has the same fork crown and brake bridge, both of which seem somewhat uncommon. It does seem like the frame was rattlecanned black since there was some overspray on the SSP cranks (now owned by Virgil). I see grey in all the paint chips, but I'm not sure if it's primer or paint. It is kind of glossy, not matte like primer. Also you would think that primer would chip with the paint in one piece. This is more like it's two layers and the black outer layer flaked off, but the grey remained.

If anyone has any tips for scrubbing off spray paint, let me know!

Posted By: parkman14I love that fork crown

Thanks! Me too!
    Sometimes you can take a pressure washer and blast off spray paint. If the original paint was of any quality it should stay in tact for the most part. Just don't blast in one spot for too long.
    • CommentAuthorFeFst
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2013

The TCB racks are awesome! I want one real bad. I have emailed the guy 2 times, he has never gotten back to me. Also wanna sell the SLR?
    SLR is for sale! It is kinda rough though.
    • CommentAuthorparkman14
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2014

This thing would fit me very well.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.