velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorstayfed
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2013 edited

Hey

Any of you on Strava? I just signed up and looking to connect with some of the awesome people on here.

I'll be here

Cheers!
    • CommentAuthoradrian13346
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2013 edited

There are a few of us on it. You live in NYC right? We should meet up and ride sometime man! I'll follow for a follow.
    • CommentAuthorparkman14
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2013

Followed you!
    Parker Newman is my name
    • CommentAuthorstayfed

Rad!
    • CommentAuthorHaegan

people should join the velospace strava group i made!
    http://app.strava.com/clubs/velospace
    • CommentAuthorchku
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2013

This is me

Signed up when I got my new Look.
    • CommentAuthorrelyt

joined the velospace group.

http://app.strava.com/athletes/507833
    • CommentAuthorcg3288

I joined as well. Cody Graves
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2013

Got back into cell range and noticed a few people started following me. Kewl. Part of the velospace club and the names Tyler
    I am on Strava. The name is Ryan Burnham. I joined the group. I haven't been using it lately. I guess I will start uploading more rides, again.
    • CommentAuthorchku
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2013

Hell yeah, just clocked the Classics Challenge!
    • CommentAuthorjoaobola
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2013

quick Strava question: do you use iphone 4 or 5 or whatever with strava? what about the battery life, do you use somekind of cover/battery pack for those lond rides???

i was looking at those last gen Garmin gps and those are friiiiikin expensive.....
    • CommentAuthorHaegan

Garmin. The batteries on iPhones are no good for like 4+ hours plus I feel better knowing that if something happens and I need to all someone my phone will be fully charged. Ill only use my phone for commutes and stuff around town.
    Last time I strava'd I was hit by a car lol...maybe I'll start back up since there's a vs group on there, but my amount of time riding per week is laughably low right now lol
    • CommentAuthorchku

I only got Strava in February and for the first month or so I was happy using it on my iPhone. It was a little annoying that I couldn't record my touring miles due to battery life, but the biggest frustration was having to pause/resume at every traffic light and stop to obtain an accurate ride time/average speed. Forgetting to turn it back after a rest can also cause grief on an otherwise beautiful ride. I hate that.

I really like my Garmin, mainly for the customisable screens, but it can be inaccurate (I don't have the speed/cadence sensor) - on one of my recent rides my top speed was 164.2km/h!
    • CommentAuthorjoaobola
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2013

haha, your right about the red light pause/resume thing ... forgetting to turn it back on happens to me all the time... about the battery life, i asked mister google and he told me about some cool add-on covers/battery paks for iphone 4 , really slim and that double your battery time costing about 50chf (swiss) , not bad at all comparing with garmin 605 (i a cheap b4sstard, always trying to save the max...compromising on quality most of the times)

strava can make mistakes also, i also clocked 120km/h climbing ...
    • CommentAuthorVama
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2013

will Strava keep working in the background on an iphone while music is playing?
    • CommentAuthorjoaobola
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2013

yes, strava keeps working even with itunes playing!!

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.