velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorchku
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2013

It was thunderstorming when I took my new Look 585 with Dura-Ace 7900 for its first ride.

Dope! I think you should consider removing the rim decals though.
    • CommentAuthorchku

I'm getting rid of the wheels asap.
    What'll you build/buy instead?
    • CommentAuthorper.k

Not safe, but sounds pretty rad
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Looks great! I love Looks, this one being no exception. Go ride the tar out of it!
    • CommentAuthorchku

I think Open Pro CD to Ultegra, good for epic/gravel rides and I'll put them on my Cross-Check once I save up for some Mavic SLRs.
    • CommentAuthorparkman14

Do bikehubstore.com hubs, they're rad and way cheap and way light.
    Open pro CD will be dope!
    This rocks!!!
    Posted By: parkman14Do bikehubstore.com hubs, they're rad and way cheap and way light.

Not to mention the owner Brandon is a hell of a guy. Detail-oriented with great customer service.
    • CommentAuthorchku
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2013 edited

Today I finished the basic setup of my Look. New bars, stem and saddle, and wheels fit for the spring classics.

7.5kg as pictured

3T Ergosum Pro bars. I removed the decals with acetone.

3T Arx Team Black stem. Look Head Fit headset and neat cable guides. Mavic WinTech Alti computer.

Concor Racing saddle. Veloflex Master clinchers on Open Pro CD rims. Look Ergopost with adjustable setback.
    • CommentAuthorparkman14
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2013

RADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2013

That looks great, what hubs did you go with?
    • CommentAuthorGloomy

Very nice bike!

Posted By: chkuI removed the decals with acetone

I didn't know it was that easy to remove tags.
    You just rub over the paint with acetone and the black finish will remain intact?
    • CommentAuthorchku

Posted By: veggiehubs

Hubs are 6700, wheels were from Velo Mine. My plan was to save up for some lighter or deeper Mavic SSCs and then use these wheels on my Cross-Check. Seeing as though the bike still only weights 7.5kg and I'm not (yet) a weight weenie, I might do some Dura-Ace to Open Pros with CX-Ray spokes instead.

Also, can I just say I am over noisy freehubs...

Posted By: Gloomyrub over the paint with acetone

Yep. When I say acetone, I just mean nail polish remover. I started with a regular soft cloth. That was a little slow so I got a Scotch Brite, then tidied up using the cloth. The black anodizing is unaffected.
    • CommentAuthorparkman14

Just do DT Revolutions, bladed spokes are overkill/look weird on an open pro.. and DT Revolution are super close in weight.
    The new Dura Ace hubs are pretty sick, and really light! WAYYY lighter than 6700 hubs.. tiny bearings though, so make sure to check em regularly and keep them happy :)
    • CommentAuthorMancha150

I think this bike looks awesome as is. WAY TO GO NOW POST IT
    • CommentAuthorparkman14

PS small ring makes me sad :'(
    • CommentAuthorchku
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2013

I did a couple of shakedown rides today and I definitely need to change to some more familiar classic drop bars. The 3T Rotundo should do. When I swap them out I also need to re-do the brake cables because they are run the Australian way (left-rear/right-front) which is super annoying.

Parker, I do want some DA hubs and I'm very sorry for small ring, never again :/
    • CommentAuthorparkman14
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2013 edited

Posted By: chkuthey are run the BEST way (left-rear/right-front)
    • CommentAuthorparkman14
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2013 edited

Posted By: chkunever again :/

:-)

\

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.

velospace | About | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | contact | blog | status | site map | ©ActionHub.com
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.