velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

I kinda want presta valves on my car so I don't need to switch when I pump my bike. I want everything I pump to be presta except athletic equipment.
    i kinda want your car to have presta valves, too.
    Welcome back, lickedwicked.
    I'd like to see a guy in kit with a nice Zefal floor pump topping of the tires on his truck, heading off to the drop spot!
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2013

Shit, that would take a while
    You've got to be kidding me. It's been a while, lickedwicked.
    Posted By: socal3renshoI'd like to see a guy in kit with aZefal floor pump topping of the tires on his truck, heading off to the drop spot!

my bro and i attempted and did pump his car tire on his infiniti G.. and boy.. 30 psi to 40 psi took over 200 pumps and a good workout with it haha
    • CommentAuthorHaegan
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2013

Haha yeah I did a tire on our Honda pilot the other day 20 psi to 40 it took a long time
    A friend and I used to co-own a Ford Festiva and we used to pump up a tire that had a slow leak with a floor pump all of the time.
    Posted By: vqstaphbeardA friend and I used to co-own a Ford Festiva and we used to pump up a tire that had a slow leak with a floor pump all of the time.

I'm now the driver and have continued the practice.
    you're all forgetting about using an air compressor
    Posted By: lickedwickedyou're all forgetting about using an air compressor

• CommentAuthorNash
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2013

please include more items like this when trolling

Posted By: lickedwickedyou're all forgetting about using an air compressor

I taint forgettin' 'bout nuttin' cowboy! I use a presta to schrader adapter in conjunction with an air compressor to pump my bikes.
    how come you can't take me seriously? if you guys were in a race you'd know you'd be able to inflate by mouth. I don't think schrader could be inflated in without the proper tools.
    http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=238261
    I was serious on both accounts. Used to pump up a car with floor pump and use an air compressor for my bikes.
    guilty of both, but the all time best is seating a tractor tire on a rim using starting fluit and a scrap of burning paper!
    The old timey trick is now how much is enough!

Disclaimer, please dont try this at home!
    Posted By: lickedwickedhow come you can't take me seriously? if you guys were in a race you'd know you'd be able to inflate by mouth. I don't think schrader could be inflated in without the proper tools.
    http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=238261

I just want to make sure this post doesn't get lost.

Ambient air pressure: 10-15 PSI.

Lung air pressure: ~1.5 PSI.

Bicycle tube pressure: 60-160 PSI.

Putting, say, 120 PSI through your lips into a tube is the same thing as pumping your lungs up with a compressor to 120PSI.

Don't do that.
    • CommentAuthorthrub
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2013

You don't tax your lungs blowing up an inner tube, you employ your epiglottis and use your mouth. Even a moron like this guy knows that:

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.