velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

Hello, I have just purchased this 3 Rensho off my local CL. The previous owner says it was built in '82 for Nelson Vails. I was hoping someone here could clue me in a little more (most likely Socal3Rensho?) as to the details or value of this frame. Notice the supports between the seat post tube and down tube and between the brake bridge and the seat post tube.
    Aaa and I realized I don't know how to upload pics on this forum post. Help!?

-bluesuedebryce
    just by your description I'm thinking of moduelo lugs, sort of exagerated gussets would be a good description.
    I sent you a PM
    Nelson Vails
    David Grylls and a few other riders were sponsored to make appearances on the Kierin circuit after the '84 LA Olympics. I'm not sure if Nelson rode 3Rensho previous to this time, but I know there are a lot of photos out there of him hammering on them. Dave is in one of my favorite catalogs.
    my comment on this fellow VS bike
    https://www.velospace.org/node/4152
    The lugs look like the ones in the second link, but I'm talking about additional tubing. A tube running from the down tube to the seat post tube just above the bottom bracket. Gah! I wish I could get a pic on here!
    • CommentAuthormanbeard
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2013

Sick, how much did you get it for?
    upload to imgur the post just the link (after clicking the image) I haaaave to see what this looks like!!!
    • CommentAuthormanbeard
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2013

Yeah, need pics!
    Mmmm this sounds tasty :)
    The anticipation!
    Ughhhhhh can't wait.
    Ok, he hasn't taken down the CL ad. I got it for $750, I had to 'out bid' some other interested buyers. Sweet deal though! Here it is...
    http://denver.craigslist.org/bik/3587245969.html
    • CommentAuthorparkman14
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2013

Fuck!
    Fuck Parkman! Fuck!
    ho-lee shit!! so awesome!!!
    Posted By: bluesuedebryceThe lugs look like the ones in the second link, but I'm talking about additional tubing. A tube running from the down tube to the seat post tube just above the bottom bracket. Gah! I wish I could get a pic on here!

Damn son! That's a special bicycle you've got there. What's up with the bottom tubing? Is it just aesthetic?
    Makes it really stiff in the BB area.
    I haven't ridden it yet, but I'll let you all know just how stiff she is
    Posted By: SillyGooseCookieMakes it really stiff in the BB area.

And prevents the frame from breaking. Vails was a powerhouse sprinter.

Congrats on the purchase!

\

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.

velospace | About | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | contact | blog | status | site map | ©ActionHub.com
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.