velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

what bars are those on that schwinn voyager?
    When you made the rando bag, did you reinforce it with anything? Like, this Swift Industries bag

looks to be reinforced with corrugated plastic
    Posted By: CaravanEndeavorwhat bars are those on that schwinn voyager?

They're old GB rando bars.

Posted By: idrinkwaterWhen you made the rando bag, did you reinforce it with anything? Like, this Swift Industries bag, looks to be reinforced with corrugated plastic

I've seen them with the corrugated plastic before, but I didn't. I had planned on it but I once near finished it seemed to support itself fine so I opted against it. I did, however, put some stiffing rods in some of the seams but other than that nothing, and I've had absolutely no problems with sagging.
    Hopefully I'll have some updates on here soon. I have another bag in the makes, inverse of first one, picked up some tape and shellac for the Voyageur, a new white saddle w/ NOS perf. white tape for my steel track, and a set of Cinelli crit bars w/ hard ano Modolo stem for the Crack.
    Received my saddle from veggie. Also threw on some NOS tape and toe straps that I had been hoarding for a while.

It's been raining the past few days so I had to settle on an inside shot for now.
    Black or silver chain?
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2013

I was just about to text you and ask if you got it. Sorry it took so long to ship, got busy.

Black chain!
    • CommentAuthorper.k
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2013

That saddle is a beaut, sweet campy cap too ;)
    Posted By: veggieI was just about to text you and ask if you got it. Sorry it took so long to ship, got busy.

Black chain!

I was going to text you and tell you i got it, but I figured this would suffice. I'm leaning towards a black chain as well.

Posted By: per.kThat saddle is a beaut, sweet campy cap too ;)

Thanks! I think I paid 23 for the cap which was more than I normally would pay, but I loved the colors and had to have it. I picked that jersey up for 6 bucks.
    Took some better pictures and also updated it's profile. It looks like I just put on white saddle, tape, and straps, but in fact none of these parts except the headset have been on this frame for a while.

https://velospace.org/node/44392

• CommentAuthorShaku
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2013

what if you had perforated bar tape too!
    The tape is perforated, just not as dense. But I feel ya, it would definitely be cool if matching!
    Track mode and new SSP crankset courtesy of SillyGooseCookie!

https://velospace.org/node/45661

stunning!
    Thank! I've had a Superbe chainring for quite some time and it finally found a mate.
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2013 edited

My poor cannondale is just hanging up behind my couch.
    You need to get 'er going. I love the ride they provide. I'm a steel guy but they won me over.
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2013

I'm waiting to see if I can borrow/get a pair of wheels from a friend so I can keep using the freewheel
    Updated Voyageur pics and a profile for it coming soon. It now sports 32c Paselas. I'm waiting on Rivendell bar end pods to come in in which I'm going to mount downtube shifters. After that I can finally tape and shellac the bars.
    Posted By: veggieI'm waiting to see if I can borrow/get a pair of wheels from a friend so I can keep using the freewheel

You could always run a 7sp uniglide or hyperglide cassette if that doesn't work out. Providing you had access to a wheelset with a 7sp freehub.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.