velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

yessss I love the yellow
    Thanks, I like it much better. I threw the original black seatpost back on and paired it with the Salsa. I can't decide on between the Salsa or a Modolo I have that is more of a gunmetal color like the seatpost as opposed to the gloss black Salsa.

Here's a similar one:
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2013

I will admit I don't quite get the fascination with salsa stems, but I don't think it quite looks right here.

I think what this really needs is matching silver stem/post
    I had a silver stem/post on it with the black saddle/tape. I had a Cinelli stem/bar combo on it with the black and was admittedly too lazy to unwrap the bars so I threw on some B123's and a Salsa stem on and figured I could use the original black post as well (could have used a different stem with the B123's in hindsight). I may give the silver a shot and see how it strikes me.
    diggin this thread, you have fine taste and a fine stable of bicycles my friend. keep em coming
    Thanks! You have a very nice stable yourself.
    I recently picked this up:

Logic is telling me to give it a cleaning & lubing and ride 'er as is, but I never seem to make things easy on myself. I always end up getting wild hairs and cause myself more work. First of all I'm planning on sticking this on my steel track bike https://velospace.org/node/44392 :

Back to the wild hair, I think I may stick the DA 7400 gruppo from the cdale on my newly acquired tourer a few posts above, sans calipers of course. This would also solve the issue I'm experiencing in my right knee that I believe to be caused by the triple (I'm a thin fellow). I know I know I could just ditch the inner ring and spacers and get a narrower spindle, but that wouldn't be near as cool as a Dura-Ace 7400 group on a tourer.

And for the Cannondale, I've always wanted a Mavic gruppo and think it would look great with the 'dale's oversized tubes. Ideas?
    clean it, clean it , clean it
    It will look like a million!
    I know it will! I just always have the urge to switch things around! It may be moot, because if the Cannondale is too small I'll probably sell the frame and keep the gruppo.
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2013

You could just forego the trouble and I'll keep the frameset, but it might be too big for me.
    I wouldn't be opposed to that if it fits you.
    Received some pictures from veggie today!

Judging by the lack of any brake wear on the rims, it looks like the bike was barely ridden and just stored a long time. Great pickup!
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2013

It needs a ton of tlc.
    I thought the same about the rims. It has a ton of grime on it!
    Posted By: vqstaphbeardI thought the same about the rims. It has a ton of grime on it!

that comes through loud and clear in the photos. still, it has good bones (as they say in real estate).
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2013

Whomever ends up with this bike will find this interesting:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/607918/cannondale-cable-guide.html
    I'm a hoarder of NOS guides!
    Posted By: veggieWhomever ends up with this bike will find this interesting:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/607918/cannondale-cable-guide.html

Very interesting!

Posted By: socal3renshoI'm a hoarder of NOS guides!

That's probably why they're so hard to find...
    I have just a few left, and they are from a find about 8 years ago.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.