velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthor8Aaron8
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2014

Tell me more! Love the look of the complete bike
    • CommentAuthorjoaobola
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2014 edited

nice! always great stuff!!

Virgil whats your teeth count for the front? is masssive compact!! 53/30 ?
    Posted By: Albert KernbergNice find!! Local CL or Rex? ;) Is she LIGHT, possibly FAST? Lola's lookin' curious.

An ebay BIN actually. The guy had 0 feedback. I felt good about the description so I messaged him. He replied back with his email and phone number. I've had great luck with bike transactions like this. This guy, like others, has been in constant email communication. He even shipped before I paid!

Lola likes getting involved. She even helps run derailleur cables by batting them while I attempt to secure them.

Posted By: 8Aaron8Tell me more! Love the look of the complete bike

I'm making a decaleur for it as I didn't care for the one that stacks in the headset, it moves around and loosens the headset. Once I get the bag mounted I'll take proper photos. The angle on the photo above doesn't do the bike justice. I need more time, I'm backed up with projects and only seem to have time on the weekend. I'll have a better ride report to you this weekend as I'll be doing Indianapolis' 'Tweed Ride' Saturday.

Posted By: joaobolanice! always great stuff!!

Virgil whats your teeth count for the front? is masssive compact!! 53/30 ?

The custom is running 48/28 and the Competition has a 52/42.

I actually have another TA 3 arm with a 36 I plan to rob and run 52/36. If the triple happens to have a 50 (can't remember) I'll run 50/36.
    Glad to hear you're doing the tweed ride. Also wanted to rock that bitch like a Boss Tweed. Great find!! I've built the Super Course back up as a roadie and have been commuting from the train to the office.

Post some pics, I'd like to see it. It's a great frame. Would be interested in round 2 should you happen to get rid of it again.
    The tape is original, but the voids near the levers bother me so I'm going to rewrap it.

Virgil-built decaleur. Edit: I did not make the part bolted to the bag.

I need a support inside the bag behind the decaleur to keep it from sagging forward. You can see the bag bend around the decaleur mount.
    • CommentAuthorjoaobola
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2014

niice, this makes me want to travel!! :) well done
    Thanks, me too!
    • CommentAuthor8Aaron8
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2014

Everything about that looks amazing! Great job on the build and the bag.
    Thanks! I'm quite pleased with the outcome. I'd like to get an Ideale saddle for it and possibly silver cantilevers, although the black may be growing on me a tad.
    I like the black cantilevers. Like that big ole, sexy Rando bag.
    • CommentAuthor8Aaron8
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2014

Silver would be nice, but I don't feel as though the black take anything away.
    • CommentAuthorparkman14
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2014

damn that bike is flossssay
    • CommentAuthorparkman14
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2014

both the raleigh and the AR!
    Thanks man!

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.