velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorcicadashell
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2013 edited

Posted By: veggieThe porch at my new place is great for bike photos, just long enough to use my 50 1.8

all it needs is a little more light. nice lens, though.

and the ibis is looking handsome.
    You must be a very short little guy. What is that 45cm?
    • CommentAuthorShaku
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2013

Posted By: Jax RhapsodyYou must be a very short little guy. What is that 45cm?

Frame / Size / Year:
    Ibis Spanky/52.5/1998
    45!?
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: cicadashellall it needs is a little more light. nice lens, though.

Yeah, I was a little disappointed by that. I'm gonna try taping some butcher paper to the ceiling in hopes of the flash bouncing a little more evenly, this was taken with the flash bounce off the concrete ceiling.

The picture looks a lot better on my computer. It's a little brighter and a little warmer.

Posted By: Jax RhapsodyYou must be a very short little guy. What is that 45cm?

umm...
    • CommentAuthorparkman14

oops, wrong thread.
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2013

I have come into a pair of campy American Classic hubs. An older model 15mm rd205 and a what I assume to be a micro 58(has amclassic ever made a low flange front hub other than the micro?)

I'm thinking of lacing these up to a pair of either tb14s or more likely a pair of A23s. I can get a pair of the velocitys in the right hole count easier.

I have also been toying with the idea of lacing these to a pair of 650b rims and making the trek a 650b conversion . Any opinions on that?
    caliper and BB to ground clearance are the only considerations I would think need to be looked at.
    650b FTW. BB clearance is generally fine, would probably need new calipers though.
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2013

Going from skinny 700s to fat 650s should keep the bottom bracket at or around the same height according to sheldon. Calipers should be no problem as i still have those on my shopping list anyways
    • CommentAuthorparkman14
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2013

Do it
    • CommentAuthorveggie

I want to make sure I know of good 650b tires before I take the plunge. I would rather not spend 60+ per tire. I wish there was a 650b resist nomad, I love the pair on my surly. Anybody have anything they can recommend? anybody ever use a Panaracer Col de la Vie?
    • CommentAuthorparkman14

The Gran Bois tires are all the nicer versions of Panaracers 650b tires.
    Consider Gran Bois... they're worth it
    i think gran bois tires are cool, but i feel like there's a lot of hype, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. who knows
    • CommentAuthorparkman14
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2013

I have them on two bikes.
    What is there to be 'hyped-up'
    They're just tires. But they're well constructed, and so so light. My 32c tires are 232g. That's about the average weight of a 23c tire. And so much more comfy!
    • CommentAuthorveggie

That was another concern I had. I just felt kind of weird about lacing up these supah light hubs and then using heavy ass tires. I don't believe they are overhyped, just wish there was something cheaper like the resist nomad. Its a drag that all the 650b tires jbimporters has are mtb knobbies.
    • CommentAuthorparkman14
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2013 edited

I think you should keep the Ibis Shimano, but get different brake levers, or at least silver s500 levers.
    Also, why 650b? Will you be using fenders or do you just want some fat tire bliss in your life?
    An American Classic/A23 wheelset would be a fucking sweet replacement set for the Ibis, especially with black or silver rims. I think hard ano tb14's would be nice too on the Ibis.
    Maybe even H+son hard ano archetype rims.
    • CommentAuthorparkman14

Yeah. That's what I would do.
    H+son hard ano tb14's to those hubs, and get a shimano 10sp RD and 10sp DT shiftersm both Dura Ace. Then I would call it good.
    Posted By: parkman14An American Classic/A23 wheelset would be a fucking sweet replacement set for the Ibis, especially with black or silver rims. I think hard ano tb14's would be nice too on the Ibis.

Yes. You should do one of these so I can get your Omega Strada wheelset.
    • CommentAuthorparkman14

I just don't like Omega Stradas. And the radial lacing kills me.
    Tyler, I'm hijacking this build thread.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.