velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2012 edited

velospace is running a secret Santa gift swap for the 2012 holidays, and you should join up.

What is this?

The secret Santa gift swap is a chance for you to swap a fun and inexpensive bicycling related gift with another velospace user. Come one come all - each and every velospace member is invited to take part. Giving and receiving gifts is fun, and giving and receiving bicycle related gifts is even better. If you sign up you promise to send a fellow velospace user a bicycle themed gift by December 20, 2012. Registration is open December 8 - 12, 2010, and gifts must be sent by December 20, 2010.

How does it work?

Everyone who signs up for the secret Santa swap will have their name sent to another random velospace user who has promised to send a bicycle themed gift. The names of everyone who entered will be randomly assigned other members to whom they anonymously give a gift. You will get a name and address of a fellow velospace user. You will send that person a gift in the range of $20 USD.

What are the details?

Each person who signs up puts their name in a hat. From today, December 8, 2012, through December 12, 2012, we will accept names of anyone who wants to participate. On December 12, 2012 the random assignments will be made by email. You will receive an email with the name of the person to whom you promised to send a gift, along with their velospace user name, and their mailing address. You will send out your gift by December 20, 2010.

What else do I need to know?

International users are welcome! If you sign up you may get someone from another country (how exciting) and have to fork over a few extra dollars for international shipping.

You may send a gift and get nothing in return. velospace makes no promises that you will get a gift. Whether or not that happens is up to the person who is assigned to be your secret Santa. If they fail to send a gift tough luck, sorry. velospace won't be mediating any disagreements or disappointments over the lack of gifts, quality of gifts, or any other squabbles regarding this otherwise fun and light-hearted event.

You must submit your name and address to participate. This information will be sent to another person who will decide what to get you as a gift. You must submit complete information to take part.

If you have other questions post them on the forums in this thread.

Where do I sign up?

Send me(Veggie) a message
    • CommentAuthorShaku
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2012

Absolutely, and I can probably ship a lot faster as I'll be in the states by the 22nd. Saves on shipping too. May be a tad late for Christmas though if who ever I get is ok with that.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

If interested, send me a message with your 1)username 2)Real name and 3)Your shipping address.

I think the limit should be $25.
    I'd like to give this a go.
    I'm down!
    Sounds cool. Will there be any basis on what to get someone other than price (and bicycle related I presume)?
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Not really. Price and relevance to bikes, though how far you stretch that is up to you.
    i got some good leftover things that would make someone else happier versus sit in my room. i'm in.

• CommentAuthorveggie

Everybody send me yo shit!
    • CommentAuthorShaku

Already did, check ur inbox :P
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Then that obviously wasn't directed at you
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2012 edited

Okay, so if anybody uses an email that is not the one they used to sign up on velospace with, send that to me also
    Whatever you send me better have rhinestones..
    • CommentAuthorShaku

Posted By: quixoticleWhatever you send me better have rhinestones..

I do have this spare collar for a dog I never got . . .
    • CommentAuthorveggie

7 people have sent me messages, keep 'em coming
    • CommentAuthorquixoticle
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2012

woof
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2012 edited

10 people so far.

Deadline is Wednesday
    Lemme get in on this. I'll sign up tomorrow
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2012

Santees may get their emails late, I didn't have time to do it before I left the house this morning
    • CommentAuthorquixoticle
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2012

\

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.

velospace | About | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | contact | blog | status | site map | ©ActionHub.com
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.