velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorrobotnick
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2012

so i was lookking at this bike and i really like it i was wondering if i could convert it to use with a single speed rim? or would it have any negative effects? thanks
    just get a track bike, why use a TT frame as a "fixie"?
    • CommentAuthorrobotnick

because its cheaper and more bang for the buck
    • CommentAuthorrobotnick

plus im just converting many style of bikes to fixed gears because i have too much time on my hands converted a bmx,mountain, and now im looking at a TT
    Why do you keep saying "Single speed rim" in every thread?
    • CommentAuthorHaegan

If you have too much time on your hands you could, I don't know ride your bike...
    Posted By: robotnickplus im just converting many style of bikes to fixed gears because i have too much time on my hands converted a bmx,mountain, and now im looking at a TT

converting mountain bike into fg? like really? just get one of each, therefore youll HAVE every bike to ride everyday. i hope you dont convert your bike everyday... i feel bad for the threads.

and if its cheap, why not get a EXPENSIVE bike?
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: HaeganIf you have too much time on your hands you could, I don't knowrideyour bike...
    • CommentAuthorrobotnick

the reason i havent been able to ride my bike is because i was recently in a car accident and i cant ride my bike for a few months broke my collar bone. and the reason im not buying expensive bikes is because im getting cheap bikes at a bike collective where they range anywhere from 100-200 for some good quality bikes and fyi i already have a 10speed road bike a mountain bike and like 3 bmx bikes all given to me or from the collective. Now regarding my first question i was just wondering if it was possible without putting too much strain on the frame or anything like that
    You will seriously fuck up that frame if you try to squeeze a 120mm-spaced "single speed rim" into the dropouts. And you can get the Planet X track frame for like $400 used if you're patient.
    dude. veggie. am i not right AGAIN!?!? everyones a handicap.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Haha.
    • CommentAuthorMancha150

Posted By: SillyGooseCookie
    You will seriously fuck up that frame if you try to squeeze a 120mm-spaced "single speed rim" into the dropouts. And you can get the Planet X track frame for like $400 used if you're patient.

Not to support the idea of getting this frame, but the spacing would be 130mm right? So there would be no squeezing. In fact, Ben at VELOMINE (velomine.com for all your illest noise fixie needs) could respace a sweet SUN M13 DEUCE BLACK ANODIZED TO FORMULA/ORIGIN 8 wheelset which will make the bike as a whole that much aero. Or at least it will make up for the non aeroness of the risers or whatever.

Does

Not

Exist

Take

And

EXIT
    •  
      You still didn't answer my question, buddy. Why do you keep saying "single speed rim" and "track rim" in every thread?
    •  
      He is a very confused man.
    •  
      Posted By: stevenwilliamsenYou still didn't answer my question, buddy. Why do you keep saying "single speed rim" and "track rim" in every thread?

because he really has the rims from this bike

• CommentAuthordas_pyrate
      • CommentTimeOct 26th 2012

if you can afford a planet x stealth you might as well buy a track specific frame or risk looking like an idiot
    •  
      He clearly doesn't care about looking like an idiot. Hah

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
    © 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.