velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

WHy the hell is my Garmin soft strap heart rate monitor and ANT adapter for my i phone reporting 220 BPM!? I wet the connectors really well and its just not happening for me. Has anyone out there dealt with this?
    • CommentAuthoradrian13346
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2012 edited

I don't really know how to fix it but i've heard the regular strap doesn't spike as much. Could also be that your using an iphone instead of a cycling computer.
    • CommentAuthorHaegan
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2012

i had the same problem when i first got my and i think for a while you just really have to wet it a lot and eventually it will get better. try washing the strap a few times in the washing machine too, it might help
    Your eyephone is probably insinuating that you need an upgrade. BTW Is there an insurance in case of a crash ? What counts: There still is a heart rate, you're still alive. What was the rate that you could measure manually ? See if this link helps (roots of all evil with fixes): http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2010/04/troubleshooting-your-heart-rate.html
    • CommentAuthortypeDvorak
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2012

HA. My girlfriend's dad has a new BD Dawes that's pretty nice. The funny part happens when he puts his front flashing light near his computer and the rpms climb slowly.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.