velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

My seat stay broke at tbe bottom bracket on my lotus. I thought i may have been running too much air pressure. How could that have happened?
    • CommentAuthorHaegan
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2012

No. It's a lower quality 30 year old bike.
    Posted By: HaeganNo. It's a lower quality 30 year old bike.

+1
    • CommentAuthorBummer

Bummer, bikes only last so long. Even high quality stuff will break, so don't get all bent outta shape.
    • CommentAuthordicklips

"Has a wicked dual kickstand, but appears to not like being rode off of."

We may have found your problem.
    • CommentAuthorquixoticle

Regardless of the quality of the frame, it still doesn't feel great when something you care about breaks or is otherwise lost. Sucks man. But use this as an excuse to go out there and build up a new bike better than the last one!
    I'm a bit confused as to what actually broke. The seat stay originates at the rear drop outs and goes up and forward to the seat post cluster.
    the chain stay connects the bottom bracket to the rear drop outs.
    Which one? And steel can be repaired if you like it as much as you seem to.
    No i had took the kickstand off because it was worn. I mean the seat tube, the one the set goes in. It broke. It gives me an excuse to convert it to a trike with my columbia. I may just have it welded. Either way, i have like three more bikes i can fix up. Im just stuck ridig this crappy mongoose deception till then.
    I didnt think the thing was a low end bike either.
    Wait! Kickstand?!?!?! I missed that.
    yeah its trashed, take it to the recycle center.

And one of the lonliest photo posts ever, poor lighting, no friends and no comments.
    feeling the sadness.
    • CommentAuthor2011
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2012 edited

Instead of looking at the sad pathetic looking Lotus on his profile, let's just all pretend that it was this Lotus that broke, so we can feel a bit more compassion at heart for his loss. Plus, this makes more sense now, with the seatstay that connects to the dropout but also the bottom bracket.

• CommentAuthorefleigh89
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2012

Lol kind of funny, but still an ugly bike. Glad the uci wont allow stuff like that...
    I think it was actually the seat post that sheared at the bottom bracket, that would make a lot more sense, given the style of bike and basic CroMo tubing.
    I would definitely go get some burritos on that bike!
    Posted By: socal3renshoWait! Kickstand?!?!?! I missed that.
    yeah its trashed, take it to the recycle center.

And one of the lonliest photo posts ever, poor lighting, no friends and no comments.
    feeling the sadness.

Oh ha haha...
    Well i will save it for my trike project. Ive needed an excuse to rebuild the schwinn probe.
    When I was little we would visit some older former neighbors that moved to a retirment community. After begging and promising to be careful I'd take out the trike. I loved taking a turn and riding it on two wheels leaned way out!
    • CommentAuthorcg3288
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2012

My grandparents neighbor had a trike with a big basket on it. We used to take turns riding in the basket while the other one pedaled
    • CommentAuthorper.k
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2012

Stand up wheelies on the back stepboard were my specialty.
    AHAHAHAHA
    we all had fun on old lady trikes.
    Just goes to prove bikes are awesomeness.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.