velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorsfbee
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2009

Yea, definitely similar in the fact that I broke off a part of the right ball joint. I did get the proper surgery, but probably wasn't as diligent with my physical therapy as I could have been. I do find that sitting further up on the seat helps a lot though. I started riding shortly after recovering from that, so I can't make a before/after comparison of the comfort on my rides.
    • CommentAuthorwoodybiker
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2009

Picked up a specailized velo seat at a local shop today, it was a take off I am going to try it for style.
    get a brooks, any model will do
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2009

tried the new seat today, better than the old one, but when I put it on I tried adjusting it back a little and went off to work, as soon as I started riding I noticed the steering was wobbely. Before coming home I moved it forward a little and it straightened it right out. I have ridden thousands of miles on this bike and never thought a slight adjustment would make such impact on handling. I am searching for a brooks saddle though, but can't afford a new one, broken in seat would be better for my old butt anyway.
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2009

a broken in one won't be broken in for your butt, so the point is kinda mute
    I disagree. A broken in brooks will remold to anyone.
    The only thing you may have to do is tighten the saddle a little and hit it with some saddle soap. Once the initial break in is done, it will reshape very quickly.
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2009

thats what I thought, it takes a while to break those babies in.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.