velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

Want to know what type of frame this is exactly and perhaps what year, has some flaking and I see no undercoat of another color. I believe its original full chrome. Below are links to photobucket

• CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2012

take out the URL tags.
    Whoops thanks
    most noticable features are the race number boss, and the colnago name stamped into the stay with what looks like individual letters
    Think it's a Colnago Super Record Frame or something maybe?
    • CommentAuthorShaku
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2012

weiirdd some guy near by me has the same exact frameset here in Toronto, I'll ask him if I ever see him again.
    • CommentAuthorCeya
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2012

just email Colnago, they respond back.

S/F,
    Ceya!
    Something looks odd. I wonder if it originally had paint and was stripped and re-decaled. Hard to tell from the pics but check for visible file marks around the lugs - the BB shell looks like it has lots - I doubt a full chrome frame would go out of the Colnago shop with them (paint usually fills them).
    I would say it was painted once.Someone discovered chrome under the paintwork and took the paint off.I see scuff marks around and near the lugs.They usually do this in those areas to make sure the paint sticks.My Colnago had the same thing!

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.