velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorShaku
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2012

Yes there's a thread about where you work personally at home, but some people work at some pretty sweet bike shops as a job, like me! :D sooo I'll start off. Unfortunately there was a smudge on my lens I didn't see, but still awesome!!

All the pics: http://s712.photobucket.com/albums/ww129/Shaku_Shintai/Bike%20Stuff/Cams%20Bike%20Shop/

Just a sample:

• CommentAuthorFeFst

Just moved, Don't have my own tools anymore,nor stand,ect. New job at shop. so here is my stand and work area
    • CommentAuthorFeFst

^ hmm why is it on its side?
    • CommentAuthorCheyTac

sadly i don't work in a bike shop :(( i would love to though
    As of now, I work in an Aerospace Machine Shop...doing everything lol. Hopefully I'll be a framebuilder in the next few years.
    • CommentAuthorCoryShreds

I work at a late night restuarant and do the shipping at burro bags in jacksonville.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

The shop I work at, Planetary Cycles, is moving into a new building saturday, but we are now in an old payless shoes building. Don't have pictures yet.
    • CommentAuthorPillpoppin
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2012

i work at a restaurant bus tables get that money !
    I used to be a dog walker but an opportunity opened up for a paid internship at my school and I couldn't turn it down.
    • CommentAuthorMtbfixed
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2012

I am a member of the International Heat and Frost Insulator's local 42.Two more years and I'll have my 25 years worked and will be eligible for retirement.With today's economy it will probably take 5 years to get 2 complete years.My bikes get serviced in my garage and my bike stand is a towel on the floor for an upside down bike or a pry bar in a vice with a strap suspending the back end of a bike for shifting adjustments.
    • CommentAuthorayyyyy
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2012

rolf prima

you know, this kind of stuff

• CommentAuthorKevint143

I make precision components for your bikes.
    do you work at chris king?
    • CommentAuthorShaku

Posted By: idrinkwaterdo you work at chris king?

If so , I'd say a few of us on here would like a little *ahem* discount? hehe :P
    Soon to be former Iron Worker, twenty years in and no falls to my death, so next week I start my last career as a facilities supervisor in the public sector.
    • CommentAuthorjburnha

Fish : Ships :: Fishing/Fisheries : Management/Subsea-projects :-)
    I help make the interweb stronger.
    • CommentAuthorSplined
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2012

The House Of Dancing Water is my work place. British Expat in Macau and loving it.
    • CommentAuthorchku
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2012

Shaku, The Little Bike Shop looks wonderful to me!

While at uni I used to work part-time at IKEA and at a large inner-city bike retailer. The bike shop went bust last week. 30 people lost their jobs:
    http://www.theage.com.au/business/wheels-in-a-sudden-brake-down-for-bsc-bikes-stores-20120613-20agm.html
    • CommentAuthortypeDvorak
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2012

Mom and pop Mongolian Grill where weekends/doubles are spent on the grill and weeknights I host/bus. Getting that federal workstudy dollar during the school year as a studio tech and voluntold sweeper-upper in our ceramics program.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.