velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bik/3046742702.html saw this ad on craigslist and it looked pretty neat. But then I saw photos from the event and it looks like a majority of the bikes were choppers (not really my thing). Does anyone have experience with this show?
    • CommentAuthorSigback
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2012

Bike swaps are awesome in Seattle, even if it's a specialty one there is still lots of fun to be had in my experience, always worth attending.
    Our swaps suck. Definitely don't travel out of your way just to go to the swap. There's some fun riding here though if you want to come to ride
    Posted By: SigbackBike swaps are awesome in Seattle, even if it's a specialty one there is still lots of fun to be had in my experience, always worth attending.

When are the big one's? I'm thinking of visiting (I'm from there originally) sometime this summer.
    The big one was actually last Sunday. It's the really only well known one it was decent. We actually had one last month too so now with this next one it's actually going to be a big year for swaps. Mad cat cycles usually has a good one too but they recently moved their shop so I'm unsure if they will still be doing it
    • CommentAuthorSigback
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2012

Posted By: MustangWolf
    Posted By: SigbackBike swaps are awesome in Seattle, even if it's a specialty one there is still lots of fun to be had in my experience, always worth attending.

When are the big one's? I'm thinking of visiting (I'm from there originally) sometime this summer.

Seattle Bike Swap at the Seattle Center was in February, I went to a classic bike swap in Shoreline in march, and Bellingham had a bike swap last month. They pop up on craigslist but the first two are annual.
    • CommentAuthorbenzy

What are the dates? I have friends OS that I'd love to point in the right direction.
    • CommentAuthorPillpoppin

It was bad. I went and saw lots of choppers and cruisers. One guy had a good booth, but it was all over priced.
    Posted By: PillpoppinIt was bad. I went and saw lots of choppers and cruisers. One guy had a good booth, but it was all over priced.

That sucks... good thing I didn't go, it's a 2 hour drive there.
    • CommentAuthorSigback

http://shop.cascade.org/content/events/seattle-bike-swap

^That one was awesome, lots of vendors, thats the best one to go to. Pretty much any kind of bike you want to find
    Posted By: Sigbackhttp://shop.cascade.org/content/events/seattle-bike-swap

^That one was awesome, lots of vendors, thats the best one to go to. Pretty much any kind of bike you want to find

I'll have to plan for this for next year : )

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.