velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2012 edited

I paid for it last night so maybe it will be at my house when I get home. Sold the crosscheck frameset for near what I paid for the IRO, so I'm not even taking a big loss.

Everything will transfer over with the exception of the derailleurs and gears. Traded my Force cranks with my dad for a new pair of Rival cranks(compact).

Will start building her up when I get home from arkansas and get the frame.
    Yes! Cant wait to see this build
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2012

It's gonna rock.

Rival cranks
    Ultegra/Open pro wheels
    SRAM S900 levers
    • CommentAuthorefleigh89
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2012

dude... you are as addicted to bikes as i am. i got to the point where i had so many nice ass collectable bikes and parts that never got ridden and werent even set up as a nice display that it disgusted me and i sold them all off (needed some cash too) but shit, theyre piling up again...
    • CommentAuthorveggie

yeah...

my girlfriend saw that and just nodded
    • CommentAuthorchku

SS, knobbies, mud...
    This should reduce any 'purpose overlap' in the veggie stable.
    Will you commute on the Bianchi,and use the Ibis for sport?
    • CommentAuthorveggie

I don't do much commuting by bike now(had too tight of a schedule with school and work), but the commuting I do do is perfectly suited to ss.
    • CommentAuthorSigback

Nice frame! SSCX bikes are so sexy, especially up here in the Northwest. Excited to see how this turns out.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Guess who just won this?

ME!
    • CommentAuthorShaku

better have been a good deal lol
    • CommentAuthorveggie

It was
    Ive always wanted that fork. Beware the death shudder youll get while braking.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Yeah, I've read about that.
    Every time I ride my friends Gangsta Track with this fork it scares me.
    • CommentAuthorShaku

2 people with bad experiences yet you guys make it sound like a good thing. What's so good about it?
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Those aren't bad experiences per say.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: bensonisajewEvery time I ride my friends Gangsta Track with this fork it scares me.

I may steal that ritchey from my dad that I bought from Parker in the meantime. He isn't using it until he gets a cross frame, and even then any frame he decides on may come with its own fork.
    • CommentAuthorparkman14
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2012

Yeah, all the mechanics at my shop hate that fork too. It had mad shudder when braking, but if you're riding it SS and using front/rear evenly it should be fine. I'm getting one for my SSCX build because the ec90x has fender mounts which is rad!
    • CommentAuthorparkman14
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2012 edited

PS, this'll be sweet SSCX bikes rule! I'm doing my senior project on commuting/building a bike to commute so yeah I'm stoked!
    Posted By: parkman14PS, this'll be sweet SSCX rule! I'm doing my senior project on commuting/building a bike to commute so yeah I'm stoked!

Wow thats a great project...you should read the Bikesnob's new book, The Enlightened Cyclist. Pretty good and its all about commuting/commuters.
    http://www.chroniclebooks.com/bikesnob

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.