velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorefleigh89
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2012 edited

Ive always lusted after a set but never saw them for sale as they seem to be rather rare. Walked into a small local (redondo beach, ca) track specialty bike shop a couple days ago and there they are, chilling out on a ledge in the back area. Wow, these things feel great. If anyones looking for a brand new set still in the 3t sock in 37 width, pm me and ill point you in the direction. Im pinching pennies right now for my own set...

For anyone thats used them, how do they compare to shallow/ compact road bars?
    Track bars and road bars not the same. If you are riding these for track thn by all means go for it. If for road riding no I would not recommend
    • CommentAuthordeermatt
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2012

unless you've been racing a few years, your better off spending the money towards a road bike , or gym membership for training. Those bars are over $300.00, you can 36cm nitto b125aa's for around 60.00.
    • CommentAuthorefleigh89

i like the width and the ammount of drop they provide. the riding position basically. in the past, on long training nights at the drome, ive had problems with my hands going numb, wrists sore and whatnot and ive got through multiple bar and stem combos solving one problem but causing another. what im asking is does anyone know if there is a similar bar in the narrow width and shallow drop with clearance for your wrists/ forearms.
    • CommentAuthorShaku

Posted By: efleigh89i like the width and the ammount of drop they provide. the riding position basically. in the past, on long training nights at the drome, ive had problems with my hands going numb, wrists sore and whatnot and ive got through multiple bar and stem combos solving one problem but causing another. what im asking is does anyone know if there is a similar bar in the narrow width and shallow drop with clearance for your wrists/ forearms.

Compact road drops? personally I'm loving my Deda Zero100's
    FSA wing are even shallower than Deda Zero100
    • CommentAuthorsoukietron

This may be slightly off topic, but is there a try-before-you-buy for handlebars? I know Benscycle has a program for saddles where they send you different saddles to try out. I haven't enough experience with different setups to know what kind of width and drop is best suited for my style of riding. I ride 42 rb-021's and they're comfortable... but that's all I know outside of flat bars. Perhaps a cheaper metal mockup of a 3T scatto sprint would be beneficial for people to try out the feel of positioning?
    • CommentAuthorShaku

Posted By: bensonisajewFSA wing are even shallower than Deda Zero100

Oh really?? hmm another bar to try :) I do like shallow drops :)
    • CommentAuthoradrian13346
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2012 edited

Check out the cinelli vai palm compact if you like a traditional bend more. I plan on picking some up soon.
    Posted By: Shaku

I have both bars and comparing them side by side the Deda Zero100 looks like regular drops compared to FSA Compact
    • CommentAuthorShaku

Posted By: bensonisajew
    Posted By: Shaku

I have both bars and comparing them side by side the Deda Zero100 looks like regular drops compared to FSA Compact

DANG!! :D I really gotta give them a shot if I find a set cheap!
    FSA Omega Compacts are the cheapest which is what I have.
    • CommentAuthorJazzyJeff
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2012

Bill Ron's! My dad was best friends with him when he lived there, they trained together. That's my guess.
    • CommentAuthorShaku
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2012

Posted By: JazzyJeffBill Ron's! My dad was best friends with him when he lived there, they trained together. That's my guess.

Quoi?
    • CommentAuthorefleigh89
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2012

jazzyjeff hit the nail on the head. he has them and at a decent price. ive come to realize they are rare, new or used.
    These bars are rare? I dont think so, Ive seen a few high end shops here in my area sell em.
    • CommentAuthorefleigh89
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2012

they are rare. ive heard 3t had another run of them recently but they have been rare since they started them.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2012

... as rare as a mass produced product
    • CommentAuthordeermatt
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2012

Posted By: Aaron C... as rare as a mass produced product

or rare as not many were made..
    • CommentAuthor2011
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2012 edited

Posted By: deermatt
    Posted By: Aaron C... as rare as a mass produced product

or rare as not many were made..

Or maybe just not purchased, as of yet. I'm seeing at least 15-20 pairs now at ADT Velo here.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.