velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

Depends on condition and hole count. If they're NOS and not NJS, then it'll set you back about a grand. If they're NOS and NJS, then... uh... it'll set you back a helluva lot of money since I've never seen NOS NJS ones for sale. If they're used and not NJS, it'll be around 500-750, and used NJS ones are around a grand. And the 32h and 36h are the most valuable, and 40h and 24h are the least. NJS only came in the 36h. Also, never lace them radially. Ever. It'll cause the flanges to crack.
    • CommentAuthorbushpig
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2012 edited

There is a rare early/proto C Record variant - I have a set. Apparently some pics are floating around since some guy posted a "WTD" listing on eBay this week looking for the "Euclid" hubs. Mine are much different from Euclid though because they have the C Record dust covers and center oil port - but it isn't clear that the grease port is functional. Both are mock-ups, machined into the alloy. The qrs are like the older Record/SR style.
    • CommentAuthorbushpig
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2012

Ever have those bearing covers off? are they pressed in? Apparently Gianni spent a lot of time after work fooling around with whatever unfinished goods he could get his hands on. W/O getting canned!
    • CommentAuthorjayohachen
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2012

I feel like the 7 point stars look a lot cooler and a bit safer.

I used to be real paranoid about the hubs when I first put them on my commuter,
    but now I don't even think about it after all the curbs I've jumped and potholes I've hit while commuting.
    Then again, the guy who built the wheels has owned his shop/wrenched since the 70's.
    • CommentAuthorbushpig
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2012

I got these hubs new and have let them sit - no chance/reason to pull the caps off yet
    • CommentAuthorCeya

The pics above are the high flange C Records.

Pictured on the 1986 Catalog but not listed.

Still awaiting for Maria's email.

S/F,
    CEYA!
    • CommentAuthorCeya

Posted By: socal3renshoEver have those bearing covers off? are they pressed in? Apparently Gianni spent a lot of time after work fooling around with whatever unfinished goods he could get his hands on. W/O getting canned!

The are pressed on Campy has a tool that grips both sides and the top screws down, in which lifts it up.

I can't find my too, had a few of them.

S/F,
    CEYA!
    • CommentAuthorLegislator

I was able to pull my dust covers off by hand, it wasn't easy, but it was doable for sure as it is just held in by an internal snap ring that sits inside a machined groove for an interference fit unless the ring is compressed a bit. The tool works just like a steering wheel or battery terminal puller for a car, and you can pop them off with a very thin flathead screwdriver if you are extremely careful while doing it.
    I like the way it gives a more finished look. If they were C record it shouldnt be to difficult to scare some up
    • CommentAuthorbushpig
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2012

Posted By: CeyaThe pics above are the high flange C Records.

Have a closer look at the proportions (in addition to the number of points) - these are different from the production C Record hubs. I thought I might be missing something but reconfirmed against the picture in the 1986 catalog (all the C Record hubs on my bikes are slow flange).
    • CommentAuthorchku

On the weekend I laced my 36h track hubs to some Open Pros (just because I realised I had the right length spokes laying around), and I feel like the angular section of the rim does nothing to accentuate the beauty of the hubs.

The obvious alternative might be the CXP33, but I feel this is too deep, and it would also be nice to stay in Italy.

Can anyone think of a rim that would perfectly compliment these hubs? My idea is a low profile, aero section, preferably clincher, perhaps by Campy or Ambrosio.
    • CommentAuthorShaku

H+Son TB14's: http://hplusson.com/products/TB14

and what track hubs? sheriff's? if that's the case, TB14's would only cover the look, not the class and style that comes with the name of Campy or Ambrosio

And if that's the case, look into Nisi as well
    • CommentAuthorChris V

Campagnolo Omega rims in hard andonized look so nice with any of the vintage Campagnolo track hubs. I have some laced to my Campy Record Pista and they look so nice.
    I've got old Mavic Reflex tubulars laced to my Sheriffs and I think it looks incredible!
    • CommentAuthorchku

Posted By: Shakuand what track hubs? sheriff's? if that's the case, TB14's would only cover the look, not the class and style that comes with the name of Campy or Ambrosio

And if that's the case, look into Nisi as well

Yes, Sheriff Stars. I bought them new in the box quite a few years ago, used them for a while, then put them back in the box because I needed the rims they were laced to. So I think you're right, the TB-14s won't do, for exactly those reasons.

I sort of dislike the TB-14s, anyway. Don't believe in 'retro designs with modern manufacturing'. I'd get MA2s over them.

Did Nisi ever make clinchers?

Posted By: Chris VCampagnolo Omega rims

Actually, I think this might be what I'm after. Where did Omega sit in the range, and what years? Yours are clinchers, yes?
    • CommentAuthorShaku

I believe Nisi did make clinchers, but their rims in general seem harder to find than Campy's. I'd just go with the Campy's if you find them :)
    Posted By: chkuOn the weekend I laced my 36h track hubs to some Open Pros (just because I realised I had the right length spokes laying around), and I feel like the angular section of the rim does nothing to accentuate the beauty of the hubs.

The obvious alternative might be the CXP33, but I feel this is too deep, and it would also be nice to stay in Italy.

Can anyone think of a rim that would perfectly compliment these hubs? My idea is a low profile, aero section, preferably clincher, perhaps by Campy or Ambrosio.

How about some Nisi box or an awesome set of Galli's
    Nisi made a full range, and still does, though they seem to have gone the carbon fork in the road, Galli are probably going to be impossible to find, I have a Galli disc and have been offered several assorted right arms for it.
    • CommentAuthorShaku

Posted By: socal3renshoHow about some Nisi box

Beat yah, Muahahaha!! :D

Posted By: Shakulook into Nisi as well
    Oh hell, I keep missing the starting flag in these race LOL

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.