velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorSimonWil
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2012

Are the kursk chrome shoes durable just curious because im thinking about picking up a pair but I heard a rumor that they tear essily, is that true or are they pretty durable for a commuter shoe and hows the shoe feel when walking (comfy and easy or arkward)
    • CommentAuthorSimonWil

And also how are Mack track hubs, wanted to lace these to mavic open pros and run a ss cog on it for my commuter bike ( so question is are they reliable hubs for commuting)
    • CommentAuthorgbrkct
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2012 edited

Get DZRs. I got those over the kursks and I like them a lot more. I can easily wear them for a whole day. No cleat to ground action with ATAC cleats or eggbeater cleats. Mine are surviving really well yet I've only had them a month or two. My only neg about the shoes is that the insoles suck and cause hot spots on rides over say like 5 miles of continuous riding. Put some better insoles in and problem is gone.

I'm going to go out on a lim and say that Macks are great hubs being handmade and all.
    the kursks are very durable. i have some that i've had for over two years with no issues at all. they're also warrantied for a year in case anything does happen to them. last summer when the spd version of their midtop shoe came out i picked those up too and they've been nothing but great. i haven't used the dzr's so i can't speak to those personally, but i think the chrome kicks are better looking.
    • CommentAuthorShaku

I wear my kursks in all weather, and they are falling apart after about a year. the sole is no longer stiff(er) than a converse any more and the arch has fallen to the point I have begun to get knee and ankle pain from walking. just my 2cents.
    • CommentAuthorTracker
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2012 edited

• CommentAuthorShaku
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2012

HUh??
    • CommentAuthorgbrkct
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2012

What?!
    Simonwil got banned

side note, I did like my Chrome shoes, wore it everyday for almost a year.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.