velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

For Christ sakes....EVERYONE that rides a bike, I just have to say...it's sooooo messed up to steal the lights off other peoples bikes! One of the biggest reasons cyclist get hit is because they are riding at night without lights. You might as well just be stealing a persons life!

Of course, I almost ALWAYS take off my cheap little rubber Knog lights off when locked up, but just running into a store for 5 minutes today I had another set stolen.

Can we all just make a truths, here and now, to promise to stop stealing each others lights?

Thanks you!
    • CommentAuthortangsuto
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2009

Try super glueing or rubber cementing the latches of the light. At least on short run-ins it will either take them longer to pull it off giving you more time, or they have to cut it which kinda of defeats the purpose of stealing a light to use. Hopefully the idea helps a little.
    • CommentAuthoradriano

knogs

Posted By: terrible_one49For Christ sakes....EVERYONE that rides a bike, I just have to say...it's sooooo messed up to steal the lights off other peoples bikes! One of the biggest reasons cyclist get hit is because they are riding at night without lights. You might as well just be stealing a persons life!

Of course, I almost ALWAYS take off my cheap little rubber Knog lights off when locked up, but just running into a store for 5 minutes today I had another set stolen.

Can we all just make a truths, here and now, to promise to stop stealing each others lights?

Thanks you!

knogs arent doing anything for you.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C

from personal experience it not even fellow cyclists. its some douchebag kid who after realizing he has no use for a bike light smashes it on the ground.
    what a bunch of fucktards.
    • CommentAuthormuckymucky
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2009 edited

• CommentAuthortangsuto

I say get a gun and set a trap with your bike and lights. Proceed to shoot whomever tries to steal your lights. Hopefully that is one less thief.
    • CommentAuthordeermatt

Posted By: muckymuckyhttp://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.19033
    $4.99 + Free Shipping:

woah , super cheap bike lights ! im tempted to order the 5led strobe rear lights ! !
    You got a deal.
    • CommentAuthorbionnaki
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2009

what's the point in knog/knog-knock off lights? cars cannot see you -- they're too weak.

get a real light.
    • CommentAuthoradriano

Posted By: bionnakiwhat's the point in knog/knog-knock off lights? cars cannot see you -- they're too weak.

get a real light.

theyre super cute!
    • CommentAuthorsimonweiss

Knogs with one LED should not even be produced. They are completely useless.
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

Posted By: simonweissKnogs with one LED should not even be produced. They are completely useless.
    they are useful to the point where a cop cannot give you a ticket for not having lights.
    • CommentAuthorMicklol

superglue them
    worked for me
    And I also have a light superglued to my backpack so I would still have a least one light left when all my lights are gone.

hope this helps, and I feel your pain man..
    • CommentAuthorsfbee

Posted By: adriano
    theyre super cute!

They won't look as cute with a shard of glass from the rear passenger window of that hummer that rolled that stop sign jammed in your eye, because they thought your light was a firefly rather than a bike light

run on sentences++
    Posted By: the rabbi
    Posted By: simonweissKnogs with one LED should not even be produced. They are completely useless.
    they are useful to the point where a cop cannot give you a ticket for not having lights.

Good point!
    • CommentAuthorMaxThrash

Someone stole my removable rear fender on a rainy day when my bike was locked up downtown.... That seems like the ultimate "fuck you" one biker could give to another.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2009

some one stole your shit--AND--you got a wet ass on the way home.

shit, thats harsh.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.