velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorgoldfish06
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2012

So, Cross season is rapidly approaching, and my boss just offered me a new 2011 S Works CruX Carbon Mod frameset for $1000...
    http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/Specialized/7506?$Display$
    Part of me knows that it's an expenditure that I shouldn't make right now, buuuut.... it's such a nice frameset, it's a hard deal to pass up...
    Opinions? Comments? Anyone out there have one?
    dude... it's S-works... $1000... hmmmn, pretty solid deal!
    what group have you got for it? what about wheels?

I dunno... a good deal like that is money saved in the long run?
    • CommentAuthorbettermade

cross season is just over? id personally woulndt go for the carbon version, especially the fork is not stiff enough, alot of shatter when braking even with a v brake.

the aluminum crux is a better frameset, hardly any of the specialized sponsored cross riders ride the carbon one, 99% is on the alu crux.

Posted By: R_o_b_s_o_ndude... it's S-works... $1000... hmmmn, pretty solid deal!
    what group have you got for it? what about wheels?

I dunno... a good deal like that is money saved in the long run?

That's what I originally felt, but there's a reason why they aren't producing an S-Works CruX for the 2012 year... which bettermade may have just supplied the rationale for.
    Posted By: bettermadecross season is just over?

True, but the pre-season cross starts here in Indiana this coming week...
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2012

After bettermade suggested the aluminum crux, I did my research about the s-works module, and from everything I am finding, combined with a test ride on one this past weekend, I have decided to go for the 2012 CruX Expert. I talked to the specialized rep for our area and he is hooking me up with a Crux Expert with SRAM Force gruppo for $400 more than what I was going to pay for the module frameset...
    http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBCProduct.jsp?spid=62221&scid=1101&scname=Road
    Part of me is sad that I'm not building it up myself, I don't like pre-built bikes, but I couldn't pass up the deal, so I figure I'll ride it this coming season as-is and sell the force gruppo post season next year. I'm excited, to say the least. Pics coming as soon as it arrives!
    • CommentAuthorparkman14
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2012

The CruX are the only bikes I can tolerate from Specialized, that and their FGFS bike.
    I abhor their road bikes and mountain bikes.
    But as always, cross is boss.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.