velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorAR_17
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2012

anybody khow whats a good ratio for racing i have a certain amount of combinations right now i got a 46/17 for skidding you guys think that could keep up and beat a 48 /16

these are other ratio combos that i have a hold of and have used 50 /13 48/17 52/19 44 /16 i also have used a 40/ 12 pretty quick i only have the 40 now

what ratio can i use to win this street race im going to be in im betting (actully he keeps insisting to race for it) so i decided if he really wants to beat me and has no problem in his confidence ) that he wouldent mind betting his all black chrome back pack ivan

so what do you guys think can i get some help i can tell you guys what im rolling on and what he is and what else i can race with i got a few parts frames rims ??????

can i get some help ..
    • CommentAuthorAR_17

he wants my brooks proffecianal its new and keeps saying it would look better on his bike
    • CommentAuthorHaegan

oh lord...
    wow, really? Why don't you just ride your bike and have fun.
    I have done quite a few street races and I can tell you that cadence matters more then anything. Make sure you have a brake (makes it easier to blow lights without slowing down). I would probably recommend a 48/16 since you don't have a 15. you should be able to take off fairly quick with that and once your rolling you should maintain a descent speed. try to draft him down to the last quarter mile. how long is the race? what is the route? will you encounter hills? Can you two take separate routes?
    You're asking for what gear ratio will help you win this race?

That's a personal question. Nobody knows you like you. I ride 48/16 and sometimes 48/15. If I wanted to go really fast and win every race, I'd ride 52/12.

You need a bigger chainring, bro.
    This thread reeks of 2008-2009.
    More spoke cards the better
    • CommentAuthorAR_17

yeah i build my bike with a easy ratio to have fun and skid but he keeps bugging me about how fast he likes to ride i gave up my 52/13 njs look alike bike i still have it but im cruising in double aerospokes right now just for fun

but if he keeps telling me lets race im wondering if i should get my 48/17 or what

the race has to be long to be fair its in LA so we decided that it should be downhills and uphills and straight paths too to make it a good long race and fair
    • CommentAuthorAR_17

and a 52 12 would only be good in a straight path like a drag race
    uphills and downhills?

52/12 may be too rough. Consider 50/12.
    • CommentAuthorChris V

Ride 55 12 with both of your aerospokes and you'll win for sure! Make sure you don't use brakes though. They just slow you down.
    Posted By: AR_1752 12

lol
    • CommentAuthorTracker

Dude you have aerospokes that's all you need, you're gonna win by miles if you show up with your aerospokes.
    • CommentAuthorAR_17

no i dont want alot of stress on the aerospokes thats why i put a 17 for the skidding patches and im going to resell them so i dont want to damege them for the resell in the future
    and it has barspin clearance???? Thats a bike built only for winning.
    • CommentAuthorAR_17

yeah ive never ridden 52 12 only 50/ 13 the only reason i would get a 52 is for the sick fsa chainrings but i have a 52 teeth crankset that was used with a 19 cog
    • CommentAuthorHaegan

i love that it has platform pedals...
    reversed fork for a quick and easy aerodynamic edge.
    • CommentAuthorAR_17

yea that pic is a bike of a winner pure njs

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.