velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

what do you guys think/do you guys ride with jerseys and or kits? talking about on track bikes.

would/do you guys wear them on short, long distance, just jerseys on top, cycling shorts under jeans, ect how do you guys do it?

BUT my real question is, what do you wear? i really dont want to wear a team jersey unless i was on that team.... i dont want to wear champion jerseys like i see some roadies weearing polka dots or yellows as i pass them. help?
    • CommentAuthortypeDvorak
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2012

Jerseys from breweries. My Arrogant Bastard jersey sees a lot of miles.
    Posted By: typeDvorakJerseys from breweries. My Arrogant Bastard jersey sees a lot of miles.

+1

you know ive seen the jersey and it fits since they are a local brewery for me, but i cant handle dark ales, yea i know pussy. but if iwere that id just be wearing a lie. good thought tho.
    • CommentAuthorbettermade

i always wear a kit when riding, usually just plain one color assos, nalini, castelli, jerseys with black bibs etc. Do have some team jerseys though, don't wear them too much, just if a jersey comes out once i a while i like, i tend to buy it.

i don't get the cycling shorts under jeans thing, guess it's a typical fixed gear ''it's not cool to look like a roady, omg people can see the shape of my pipi insecurity thing'' ?
    • CommentAuthorShaku

What do you guys think? I really never have anything to represent.

What do you guys think of getting a Velospace Jersey made?
    • CommentAuthorBummer
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2012 edited

Posted By: bettermadei don't get the cycling shorts under jeans thing, guess it's a typical fixed gear ''it's not cool to look like a roady, omg people can see the shape of my pipi insecurity thing'' ?

If you have to ask you wouldn't understand ;)

Posted By: ShakuWhat do you guys think? I really never have anything to represent.

cool idea!
    • CommentAuthorgoldfish06

Posted By: Bummer
    Posted By: bettermadei don't get the cycling shorts under jeans thing, guess it's a typical fixed gear ''it's not cool to look like a roady, omg people can see the shape of my pipi insecurity thing'' ?

+1
    I'm not going to bother explaining.

Posted By: ShakuWhat do you guys think? I really never have anything to represent.

Good idea. We should follow through on this.
    • CommentAuthorShaku

Posted By: goldfish06

I wouldnt mind taking charge if this if you guys want :) I'd love to have a jersey supporting something I actually use or am part of

Posted By: Shaku
    Posted By: goldfish06

I wouldnt mind taking charge if this if you guys want :) I'd love to have a jersey supporting something I actually use or am part of

LMK if there's anything I can do to help, I've been rather bored lately.
    • CommentAuthorShaku

If you could help design it, that would be great, i dont have really great photoshop skills.

So if any of you guys have a design in mind, send me a photoshop file or a JPG I can post them in some sort of voting thing, and we can all vote on what would be the best design.
    • CommentAuthorHaegan

Posted By: ftspaulmitchel? i really dont want to wear a team jersey unless i was on that team.... i dont want to wear champion jerseys like i see some roadies weearing polka dots or yellows as i pass them. help?

good choice. i cant help but laugh at the guy who pulls up at a cat 5 race decked out in garmin-cervelo gear
    • CommentAuthorShaku

Posted By: goldfish06If you have to ask you wouldn't understand ;)

i used this thing called sarcasm there

Posted By: bettermade
    Posted By: goldfish06If you have to ask you wouldn't understand ;)

i used this thing called sarcasm there

hmm... that's not what i said, bummer said that...

Posted By: Bummer

I said...
    Posted By: goldfish06+1
    I'm not going to bother explaining.

But yeah, I don't see the sarcasm in your original statement...

too bad
    • CommentAuthorBummer
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2012

No no, it's totally cool to wear kit while grocery shopping, or to walk around anywhere looking like you have rickets because your look cleats slip on everything.

How's THAT for sarcasm?
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2012 edited

Posted By: BummerNo no, it's totally cool to wear kit while grocery shopping, or to walk around anywhere looking like you have rickets because your look cleats slip on everything.

How's THAT for sarcasm?

bad, because i wear normal clothes when grocery shopping.

i see too much kids wearing jeans when they go on a long ride and it's def not because they might go grocery shopping somewhere along the ride. Just because they think its not cool to wear a kit, typical fixie thing, whenever i ask, do you go to the gym wearing jeans and a flannel shirt aswell, they look at me like i'm crazy. the bib pretty much loses all purpose when under a pair of jeans. if you live a long way from a store and go there cycling ok, but i dont get this cycling clothes are not cool thing most fixie kids have.

For commuting i also really dont get it, you can just bring a pair of boxers and a pair of paints in your bag and change in the restroom, why would you want to wear a sweaty bib under your jeans all day? seems silly to me.
    • CommentAuthorShaku

Just to add a quick question to this thread. I just got my first pair of cycling shorts (bib? it doesnt have the suspenders), and I've been told that it's really unsanitary to wear more than once. Completely understood.

Is it ok to wear more than one ride in a day? say I go for an hour long ride. Take them off, do what I need to do there, and then put them back on for the ride back.
    Is that ok?

sure, just make sure whenever you go home you wash them as quick as you can (goes for all cycling clothes) otherwise after some weeks they can stay smelly even after washing.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.