velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorhisremix
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2012

Hello there.
    I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a intermediate level frame to ride on the velodrome, as i am minutes from the home depot ADT center.

On a side note, what would be a good gear ratio for a junior rider (13) to push, as of right now i ride a 48-15 ratio. If it even does matter in this case. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthoriCxLegion
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2012 edited

Search please.

But anyways, isn't it a rule that you have to stay on 16t until you're like, 15 or something?
    • CommentAuthorChris V
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2012

Posted By: hisremixHello there.
    I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a intermediate level frame to ride on the velodrome, as i am minutes from the home depot ADT center.

So many options...
    Because 48-14 would BLOW...YOUR...MIND?
    • CommentAuthoriliketoes

It will probably help us (and by that I mean: the people who actually can speak for nicer bikes) if you can describe your budget and other needs.
    Way to go on being 15 and racing track. I grew up near a velodrome and never took the opportunity to try it out, although I did rockclimb next to it.
    • CommentAuthorhisremix

Posted By: iliketoesIt will probably help us (and by that I mean: the people who actually can speak for nicer bikes) if you can describe your budget and other needs.
    Way to go on being 15 and racing track. I grew up near a velodrome and never took the opportunity to try it out, although I did rockclimb next to it.

I'm at the moment trying to find an aluminum frame that would cost around $1000.
    Gear ratio requirements for ADT are that you stay at 48-15 for all Junior ages (18 and under) and I would go with a Dolan or FTP. HDT has felt TK3's you can rent aswell.
    • CommentAuthorFeFst

Get the new felt TK2 or Giant Omnium.
    • CommentAuthorhisremix

Posted By: bourgeoisebradGear ratio requirements for ADT are that you stay at 48-15 for all Junior ages (18 and under) and I would go with a Dolan or FTP. HDT has felt TK3's you can rent aswell.

Alright thanks for letting me know. I'll start checking them out.
    Posted By: FeFstGet the new felt TK2 or Giant Omnium.

Thanks for your input ill check those out.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.